[Alpha 9d] No Trade Ships

Started by Eviar, February 22, 2015, 01:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eviar

Hey,
i played several months and no trade ship came. I have no mods and i remember traded before hotfix. I tried install game again and start play on new map. Please help.

Tynan

Can anyone else confirm? This could just be bad luck.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

RemingtonRyder

I've had one trader stop by in Alpha 9d. To be fair, I was kind of slow getting the trade beacon and comms console built.

Maybe it's because Cassandra and Phoebe now have a Mean Time Between random events (which traders are) which on average, puts a bit of time between once chance to see a trader and the next. I'll post this in the suggestion forum as well, but perhaps traders should have their own schedule, so that they come by semi-regularly.

Gaesatae

Last night I fast forwarded my colony after changing from 722 to 725 to see if there was a difference in traders frequency.
Looking at one of the savefiles I was getting a trader every 150k ticks (about 6 days) on average in 722. Updating to 725 looks like made it more random, just after the update I didn't get any trader from tick 1551467 to tick 2115837 (about 25 days). I didn't get a trader for another month and on the next one, I got 4 in a row.

On both cases the frequency looked fine to me. Three months without a trader is a little extreme and reducing the maximum deviation might be considered (not necessary in my opinion), but I believe the average is good.

Tynan

Quote from: Gaesatae on February 22, 2015, 12:19:41 PM
Last night I fast forwarded my colony after changing from 722 to 725 to see if there was a difference in traders frequency.
Looking at one of the savefiles I was getting a trader every 150k ticks (about 6 days) on average in 722. Updating to 725 looks like made it more random, just after the update I didn't get any trader from tick 1551467 to tick 2115837 (about 25 days). I didn't get a trader for another month and on the next one, I got 4 in a row.

On both cases the frequency looked fine to me. Three months without a trader is a little extreme and reducing the maximum deviation might be considered (not necessary in my opinion), but I believe the average is good.

Ok thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog