[Update: Goal reached!] Kickstarter is live!

Started by Tynan, October 02, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalesin

Rimworld this in the fourteenth position Kicktraq Hotlist (a risen 29 positions since last update).

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

Good night colonists, today was a great day for Rimworld.

Edit:

It would be interesting to Tynan added any news on the website (you can put something in News)

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld/

Semmy

Congratulations on being funded tynan..

* Semmy opeens a bottle of Jack Daniels for the parteeeeee
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Tynan

Quote from: Semmy on October 04, 2013, 01:14:58 AM
Congratulations on being funded tynan..

* Semmy opeens a bottle of Jack Daniels for the parteeeeee

Woo! Partay! Thanks for the continued help everyone. Especially posting the game around. I mean seriously, check out the Reddit effect here:

I'm going to celebrate by fixing a bug with pirates not attacking traveling neutral pawns. But this weekend I'll celebrate for real!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

Damm over 650 backers than to Imagine i was the first backer...

Crazy 32 hours
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Zorbane

oasis789

do you get more detailed info about referrers? i'd like to know which subreddits were the most successful at bringing in backers.

Kalesin

Congratulations!!!!

Objective achieved, and there are still 28 days.

What will you do if you get more money, 2d artists, improved audio?

British

Quote from: Kalesin on October 03, 2013, 06:55:09 PM
Rimworld this in the fourteenth position Kicktraq Hotlist (a risen 29 positions since last update).

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

Good night colonists, today was a great day for Rimworld.

Edit:

It would be interesting to Tynan added any news on the website (you can put something in News)

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld/
There's a "dedicated" thread about Kicktraq...

Jakadasnake

This is just so awesome. Pretty much seals the deal, man. Somehow you managed to generate a ton of revenue without creating crazy high expectations. I can't wait to see what the game does with a little polish that comes the art/music direction!

Jakadasnake

Congratulations on meeting your goal.

Usually all the stuff happens while my side of the world is asleep, but it looks like I get the first laugh this time!

Seriously, this is awesome. Hasn't even been two days. Not only can we put all of our (non-existent) fears to rest, we can also look forward to an awesome amount of progress between now and the first available public alpha. Cheers Tynan, this beer's for you.

Edit of the moderator: Topic merged into the main Kickstarter thread, thanks for your enthusiasm!

Hypolite

Congratulations on reaching your first goal 28 days before the end of the campaign!

Still, $20000 is a little step towards the completion of the game. It's enough money to fund a small team for a few months, but there's still a long way. I'm curious about the final amount that Kickstarter will yield, though. I'm not sure if reaching the goal (even a small one like this) that soon is a good or bad thing for the traction the campaign can get. I guess it is why stretch goals exist.

British

Quote from: Hypolite on October 04, 2013, 06:46:38 AMI'm not sure if reaching the goal (even a small one like this) that soon is a good or bad thing for the traction the campaign can get. I guess it is why stretch goals exist.
It's a good thing, obviously, because however low the goal was, it's done...
I don't know if that can be a bad thing, ultimately, but now it's up to Tynan to find ways to attract more people, and up to the community at large to talk about RimWorld and spread the word.

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Hypolite on October 04, 2013, 06:46:38 AM
Congratulations on reaching your first goal 28 days before the end of the campaign!

Still, $20000 is a little step towards the completion of the game. It's enough money to fund a small team for a few months, but there's still a long way. I'm curious about the final amount that Kickstarter will yield, though. I'm not sure if reaching the goal (even a small one like this) that soon is a good or bad thing for the traction the campaign can get. I guess it is why stretch goals exist.

Not really sure how this doesn't warrant a new thread. We could celebrate in that thread. This thread is about the kickstarter, yeah. But I created a thread to celebrate a landmark. You kinda rained on the parade dude.

Hypolite

Quote from: Jakadasnake on October 04, 2013, 07:19:28 AMNot really sure how this doesn't warrant a new thread. We could celebrate in that thread. This thread is about the kickstarter, yeah. But I created a thread to celebrate a landmark. You kinda rained on the parade dude.
That's my job 8)

nomadseifer

That Mercenary Tier is probably going to be a little over crowded by the end of this thing.  To save yourself some work, maybe add some more tiers inbetween 75-500 and put a limit on that one.  I'd imagine trying to handle 150 or so people writing their own stories and traits would be overwhelming. 

Just a thought. 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW