Strangely incapacitated

Started by lied_ohne_worte, February 22, 2015, 10:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lied_ohne_worte

I've run into something I can't explain - either I'm missing something, or it's a bug, or it's something new that I hadn't encountered yet.

I have a colonist who is for some reason incapacitated. While he has a number of medical issues, none of them seems to be able to cause that alone, and I'm not sure why they add up to incapacitation. Here's what he's got:

I can't tell how he got like that. He arrived as a pirate attacker, but when I followed the notification of his arrival to his location, he was already incapacitated. I've since converted him, but so far he does nothing.

Can this be due to the new age features, and if so, isn't incapacitating people like that a bit drastic? My father is almost as old as that with a bad back and eyes, but he gets around quite well. ;-)

litlbear

Bad back slows them down.  The fact he has a peg leg makes his 'movement' 0%.  Same happened to a colonist of mine.  If he gets a bionic leg he'll be able to walk.
yes

Daemoneyes

He cant move because the modifiers from Torso scar, Bad back, frail and Peg leg stack.
To get him moving again you have to give him at least one better leg*, if you really want him give him 2 bionic legs (or 2 cyber legs & exoskeleton if you use mods) because he will still be really slow with only the peg leg upgraded.

*its a guess that he can move again with one better leg, might require two as i dont know the exact modifiers

lied_ohne_worte

Right, thanks. Still seems a bit drastic to me to incapacitate him completely, but I'll see about buying a better leg as soon as one comes along.

Apophis

This has to do with the fact that Tynan works with stacked percentages, which does not really work.
I hope he will make it multipliers, which should leave him with about 10% walking speed.

JonoRig

i dont know if its that far fetched though, peg legs are not going to be comfortable to walk on as it is, plus they are awkward, no knee to bend, no impact absorption, if the bad back is severe, you are not going to get far on sticks for legs

Aenir

I just had this guy show up to besiege my colony:

Apparently the game waits for all the besiegers to reach the location before it drops the resources because they're just standing around waiting for ol' Red the peg-legged Pirate to walk over.

Edit: They're starving to death despite even holding meals in their inventories.

RickyMartini

Aenir your example is pretty good, would you mind uploading your world and safe file so we can solve this? It's pretty much a bug.

Aenir

I didn't think of keeping a save at that point, and the oldest autosave is after they starved to death.  Would the save file still be helpful?

The besiegers seemed to be completely passive; a couple of them wandered close to my base and colonists (they're pretty close to where they landed), but didn't do anything when I shot at them.  One of them attempted to break in and eat one of my fine meals but otherwise did nothing.

RickyMartini

Yes please still upload it to help Tynan.
I referenced this post in mantis:

https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1621

Please anyone move this thread to bugs.

tommytom

Quote from: Aenir on February 23, 2015, 02:04:37 PM
I didn't think of keeping a save at that point, and the oldest autosave is after they starved to death.  Would the save file still be helpful?

The besiegers seemed to be completely passive; a couple of them wandered close to my base and colonists (they're pretty close to where they landed), but didn't do anything when I shot at them.  One of them attempted to break in and eat one of my fine meals but otherwise did nothing.
Sometimes, bugs are just hilarious!

It's like they couldn't function without their "raid leader" and they get desperate from starvation. Catastrophe.

Aenir

Wasn't sure where to upload it so here's some Dropbox links:

The oldest autosave (after they all starved): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk0wlrz6m2edgko/Autosave-4.rwm?dl=0

The world file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q152nmzf35qyfbk/KullatNunuXII.rww?dl=0

Tynan

There's definitely a bug here; thanks for reporting. I'll fix it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Fixed so they can't generate like this. They can of course still be unable to walk if enough movement-harming health diffs are applied.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog