Irony of Fate

Started by Hoovytaurus, February 22, 2015, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoovytaurus

WARNING: Some Mass Effect 3 minor spoilers. Don't read further if you don't wanna spoil the game.

I made Tali from ME in Rimworld. Somebody named Tail crashed, I recruited her and decided "oh what the hell". Got the Apparello mod, bla bla.
All went fine until my first mechanoid hive raid. They came in force (6 centis, more scythers) and everyone ended up getting killed, either in melee, the fires, or dying of infection DURING the fight.

It wasn't one simple raid and that's it, it was a drawn-out, long-term siege. They went around shooting at my turrets more than they were shooting at my colonists but everyone was injured in some way from the first attack. The first attack when they first landed was brutal, and one poor guy even burned to death 30 feet away from the group. Truly tragic. Everyone was surely going to die of infection even if I killed them.

Except Tali.

Tali was a brawler. It wasn't my choice to give her melee and I knew the melee would do nothing against the centis. I held her away and made her rescue the few alive people, causing her not to get hurt. Two of them at this point, not including her. By some miracle I had killed the last centis with a lot of sniper shots, but I knew the snipers were gonna die anyway. Extreme infections at 30% immunity, so I made them put out all the fires they could before dying.
They finally died, and who was left with no injuries, and a burned down rich colony? Tali. Of course Tali. I couldn't help but put the game on 1x speed and laugh as she extinguished the fires, repaired the last remaining bedroom and slept. It just HAD to be Tali who survived her entire colony being wiped out, didn't it?

Just like in the game. Her race wiped out by robots before her eyes, ending up with her being the last alive. Except she didn't kill herself, so I guess that's good.

I bought a slave, decided it'd be boring to play further and went to my save before the mech attack.

I still have it, though. Just sitting there, waiting for me to come back and take the colony from rags to riches, again.