[MOD] (Alpha 12) Melee+

Started by Demo, February 23, 2015, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demo

Melee+
This mod is rather straight forward, it just adds new melee weapons for you to create, fight raiders with, and get fought with.

The weapons currently in the mod are as follows:
Katana
Baseball Bat
Karambit
Tanto
Hammer
Claymore

How do I get them?
One of the easiest ways to get a new weapon is to create it! The weapons use the stuff system which allows you to make your favorite weapon out of your favorite material, nifty right? Just make sure you have a good material and a good blacksmith, a cheap katana made out of wood will not help you in battle, believe me.
Another way to get one of these weapons is to get raided, however, these weapons that you'll likely get from raiders will most likely not be top-notch quality.

*Installing*
The easiest part of any mod.
To install you must download the .zip file which should be just below this with a file that says Melee+ V1.zip
The next step is to use your favorite extracting software.
The folder you get from extracting it should simply be dragged into your mods folder, which is usually where your Rimworld directory is.

Note
All assets in this mod are free for you to use in your own mod, this includes my textures, .xml files and anything else.

[attachment deleted due to age]

InfinityKage

Seems cool. I'll have to try it out later.

Leave a post with the title and link to your post over at my post (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10663.45) and i'll add you to the list.

Demo

Does anybody have any specific suggestions for weapons? I'm willing to make them, but please note that my art skills are not the best, so please don't suggest something like a triple-bladed knife that has lasers on it.

Mithradates

• Rhomphaia
  • Falx
  • Halberd
  • Glaive
  • Sarissa
  • Atlatl
  • Macuhuitl
  • Hand-axe
  • two-handed axe
  • two-handed sword
  • falchion
  • rapier
  • cutlass
  • Xyphos
  • Xyston
  • Sling
  • Crossbow
  • Gastrophetes
  • Plumbata
  • blow-gun
  • composite bow
  • Longbow
  • recurve bow
  • composite recurve bow
  • Guttentag
  • Flail
  • Morning Star
  • Epee
  • Flamberge
  • Bill (no, not the person)
  • Bardiche
  • Warhammer
  • Crow's Beak
  • Pole-axe
  • Claymore
  • Qweihander
  • Pike
  • Hasta
  • Kontos
  • Falcata
  • Kopesh
  • Bowie Knife
  • Dirk
  • Kukri
  • Sickle
  • Sica
  • Two-handed shield
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Demo

Can say for a fact that I did not expect that list, I'll look into some of them. Thanks for the suggestions!

Necronomocoins

I don't know all the weapons you listed, so I don't know if any of them are the same thing as a Naginata (Scimitar on a quarterstaff) or a Kusari Gama (don't know if I spelled that right but it's a blade or spiked steel ball on the end of a quarterstaff length chain). Both should require an amount of wood and steel or equivalent resource to create and should give the attacker one extra cell of range when attacking and maybe a debuff when the target is closer. Just an idea.

Mithradates

Gah! I forgot Scimitars.

Oh - and let's get a Trench Gun (Shotgun with a Bayonet attached).
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

HBKRKO619

This mod have 100% of the potential to be the "Project Armory" of melee weapons.
Really great mod :)

Giraffe

Made a small pic for the mod, saw it didn't have one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mithradates

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Demo

Demo here, I just got back into the modding community and I just finished porting the old weapons to A12. In a few days I should have this updated with some new weapons.

Demo

Updated this and added a new weapon. However this is my last update, anybody who wants to continue this can do so without asking.

Lately I haven't had time to continue work on any of my mods. So feel free to rip files, use in mod packs. Or do anything else you want to do with this.

Edit: Could a moderator please move this to the up to date list. Thank you!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Demo on March 30, 2016, 12:32:39 AM
Edit: Could a moderator please move this to the up to date list. Thank you!

Moved this to the releases forum. In the future, if you want your mod moved from outdated PM a moderator directly, otherwise it might take a long time before it is noticed, if at all.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."