Chronomographier

Started by praguepride, February 25, 2015, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

praguepride

Basically a high-tech machine similar to a cryptosleep pod that if you put a colonist in and feed it glitterworld medicine it can "reset" the biological age of the subject.

Reset to say 25 years old for 10 glitterworld meds?

It could also possibly be used to advance babies and children into actual productive members.

Perhaps if a kid is aged it develops a semi-random childhood/adulthood based upon a relevent subset of available stories (i.e. Tribal Child is valid but World Slider is not)...

stefanstr

First, we would need to have babies.

StorymasterQ

I like the de-aging idea. I like it very much. However, instead of "10 glitterworld meds to 25 years old", I'd rather see "10 glitterworld meds for every 25 years reduction." Should de-aging remove/reverse injuries caused by old age, like bad back and cataracts or do you think it should be dealt with using standard operating procedures? Heh, 'operating procedures'.

For the aging of children, I'd add some sort of memory module or some sort that would allow them to 'experience' their 'growth', so that we end up with actually rounded up adults and not children in adult bodies (like myself).
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Because this could potentially be extremely OP, and removing the whole feeling of "losing" a colonist when they get too old.
I think it should be a tad more expensive. 10 Glitterworld meds for 5 years or so. (Purely example.)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

praguepride

I have never lost a colonist to old age. Hell games rarely go past a couple of years.

HOWEVER being able to take the randomly generated old geezers and making them fresh and young again would be a cool "end game" or "post-end-game" feature...

slaveofpeon

I think it would be uber Overpowered, but make the availability of year increments show as multiple choices. Like, pull up the drop down with a char, and have the option for 5, 10, 20, 40 years, or make it calculate for ONLY a total reversion/acceleration to age 15, at a slight variable of 1-5 glitz meds per year reverted/acceled. So it would be cheaper to retire an old folk and accel a child to working age, but if you had that one colonial you were attached to, you could revert them to 15 for a greater price. like, 15 glitz meds for a kid to age forwards, but 40 for a elder being reverted, numbers for example only. Definately would need a cost balance, and as stated, kids....
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

Kegereneku

Myself I am NOT looking forward game longer than 10 years, at worse.

So I don't want Children which I consider meaningless and potentially detrimental to the whole game. making Vat-cloning adult more interesting, on this I also consider OP's Rejuvenating-chamber more interesting than child. and I'm totally going to write an ending suggestion along this.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Gennadios

I'd like it as a piece of archeotech that can't be built or researched by players, just randomly seeded on a map here or there to add a bit of flavor. Rimworld needs more of a feel of a decaying society that lost the ability to manufacture the technology that it relies on.

Kegereneku

Quote from: Gennadios on March 11, 2015, 07:37:00 PM
I'd like it as a piece of archeotech that can't be built or researched by players, just randomly seeded on a map here or there to add a bit of flavor. Rimworld needs more of a feel of a decaying society that lost the ability to manufacture the technology that it relies on.

I would like thing like this, but it have one BIG downside that we would have to address first : All cannot fit on a single map waiting for an event.

An obvious "solution" would be to mount "expedition" to other place, but that would be one hell of an expensive solution.

The other solution would be to make it fall from the sky like the AI core.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !