[TOOL] Mod Tool

Started by Reclusiarch, February 27, 2015, 12:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reclusiarch

Sorry Guys. Too busy on other stuff.
VS 2013 Project here for download if anybody wants to complete it.

Hi guys. I am making a Mod Maker for Rimworld. At the moment it is very bare, You can simply create a new mod and it will create the Folder Structure and the About.xml for you without errors. At the moment it is useful only to get the mod Directories, Textures and About.xml set up. I will be adding more to the project as time goes by.

The main goal of this program is to make modding fast and painless. I know you can lose a lot of time trying to fix your mod when the solution was just a miss-named folder. This program is here to fix that. Give it a try.

My 1st goal is to get a simple structure in the game just like the 1st tutorial on the Rimworld Wiki page.

Installation: Simply place the program where you want. It will create a tiny Settings file.. so maybe a special folder is a good place for it.

Usage: Drag and Drop Images into Tree Structure in Textures to add textures to mod. Right click on Nodes to add folders or directories or delete unwanted textures.
Change Log: March 09, 2015 11:25
   added more Treeview control buttons
   bugfix: Open Mod crash when mod has no Textures
Change Log: March 09, 2015 10:25
   added Messages for Duplicate Defs and Textures
   added Texture View on selected textures
Change Log: March 09, 2015
   added better Open Mod functionality
   added TreeStructure for Textures
   added TreeStructure for Defs
   added Editable TreeStructures, Create, Delete
   added Drag and Drop Ability to TreeStructure for Textures
Change Log: March 06, 2015
   fixed a bug on Open Mod.
   fixed a minor bug in the Preferences Handle.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Reclusiarch

Don't worry I'll add an update soon, the next version will feature drag and drop with images into planned directory folders and the beginnings of a simple DefThings in xml.

dinoyiu

Only create about.xml .. >:( >:( >:(

Evul

Quote from: dinoyiu on March 02, 2015, 01:18:12 AM
Only create about.xml .. >:( >:( >:(

Well that is stated in the description.

Nice tool! Look forward for more features to it :)

Zoimos

Was beginning to think a tool to quickly write defs without copy and pasting and was wondering if I should try learn how to do stuff like this then I saw someone is already doing it so thanks for saving me the trouble :P

keep up the good work!

Quote from: Zoimos on March 04, 2015, 01:20:53 AM
Was beginning to think a tool to quickly write defs without copy and pasting and was wondering if I should try learn how to do stuff like this then I saw someone is already doing it so thanks for saving me the trouble :P

keep up the good work!

hehe, same for me.

I have the beginning of a research mod tool done, btw.  Next I plan on adding the ability to edit the research tree directly (creating/deleting links) where it can output the resultant xml for you.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.