Laundry? [Mod Idea]

Started by absentminded, March 01, 2015, 12:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absentminded

What if, you had to wash clothes after wearing them?

Maybe everytime a colonist went to bed it'd set a dirty flag which would make them unhappy until they changed into clean clothes so they'd need new clothes every day, maybe it'd just be that washing clothes would repair the deterioration.
You'd probably want it to be automatic, if their clothes are dirty they'll seek out new ones otherwise it'd get fiddly.
There could potentially be clothes baskets.

Anyway, anyone got any good ideas as to how laundry chores could be brought to the rimworlds?
Or how could it be weaponised?

FettaCheese

Someone already made a laundry kid well for Alpha 8. I have no idea if it was updated to 9 yet. Just some future advice please look through mod lists before making requests.

Fruit loops

There was truly no reason to call him 'kid'. and that's why there is a mod request section. so somebody could tell the person, in a polite way.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Fruit loops on March 01, 2015, 01:55:09 PM
There was truly no reason to call him 'kid'. and that's why there is a mod request section. so somebody could tell the person, in a polite way.

Oh. I thought he said that there was a mod containing a well of laundry kids. Was confused for a while.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Sadler

Quote from: absentminded on March 01, 2015, 12:17:48 AMMaybe everytime a colonist went to bed it'd set a dirty flag which would make them unhappy until they changed into clean clothes
Maybe it's better to add an item stat, that would be smoothly decreasing during some worktypes instead of hardcoded unrealistic flag?