[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Prowler

Quick question did you set ferals and federation (excluding conscript) to un-recruitible? Would make sense.
Making simple meals out of chocolate since 2568!

Dragontamer

Ya I'm seeing the same issue that the Crucible Precision Rifle has with another weapon now. The Tactical Machinegun has the same issue. Every shot that seems like it should be hitting is landing 1 tile in front of the target. I set my pawn to shoot another pawn, and she's full auto firing the tactical machinegun and all 24 (give or take 1 or 2 "misses") are landing in the same exact tile next to the target pawn. She's got 17 shooting currently but she literally can not hit him unless she "misses" and one of those rounds happens to hit the target pawn. The tactical carbine, tactical rifle, tactical pistol, tactical smg, all seem to be fine. She's fired over 240 rounds and the target pawn has yet to be hit. I see the same results with single and burst fire as well.

I've noticed the crucible precision rifle and tactical machinegun have the same explosion visual when the rounds hit something, maybe that's part of the issue? I'll keep checking weapons to see what I can find.

Reviire

Quote from: Prowler on August 14, 2016, 01:50:59 PM
Quick question did you set ferals and federation (excluding conscript) to un-recruitible? Would make sense.
If I remember correctly, yes.  (EDIT: That may have been aimed towards Rooki, idk.)

To Dragon, thank you. I'll see if I can reproduce and fix the issue. As for the Tactical machinegun, it has the wrong projectile. Having a look, I think I know what the issue is, although I'm just guessing. Because the projectiles are classed as explosives, they can't actually hit the target. I probably can't fix this until Combat Realism gets fixed. I'll quickly upload the mod with Tactical machineguns fixed, though.

http://puu.sh/qBwiM.rar

Mod order: https://puu.sh/qw3iO.jpg

EDIT: Ok so I'll probably re-upload it later tonight. I'll most likely be able to fix the whole thing where Federation weapons can't hit their target, I think I know why they're doing it. But maybe not, because apparently it won't start because I left the ferals half done. I guess I'll finish up on their ammo stuff, and upload it tomorrow.

What do you guys think of this idea? Give all weapons long range, say 150 tiles. So all weapons will be able to fire at the same range, but some will be completely and utterly ineffective. A few exceptions, such as shotguns.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

JT

I seem to recall that in an older A12 version of CR, all of the weapons had very long ranges with vanilla-like accuracy (i.e., very low), and it generally played out very poorly; there was too much exchanging of fire for absolutely no use, especially when hunting -- where pawns deliberately try to fire at maximum range.  So, count this as a vote against! =)

Since the tech is spacer level in general, I'd say just give everything a modifier to the base CR stats, e.g., "pistol" + 20, "rifle" + 20, etc. for each of the different weapon types.  So, for instance, the Lynx would have a range of 30, the GRM rifle would have a range of 87, etc.

Reviire

Quote from: JT on August 17, 2016, 03:45:24 AM
I seem to recall that in an older A12 version of CR, all of the weapons had very long ranges with vanilla-like accuracy (i.e., very low), and it generally played out very poorly; there was too much exchanging of fire for absolutely no use, especially when hunting -- where pawns deliberately try to fire at maximum range.  So, count this as a vote against! =)

Since the tech is spacer level in general, I'd say just give everything a modifier to the base CR stats, e.g., "pistol" + 20, "rifle" + 20, etc. for each of the different weapon types.  So, for instance, the Lynx would have a range of 30, the GRM rifle would have a range of 87, etc.
I've just been giving everything double range. It seems to be alright for the most part.

On a related note, something is breaking and I don't know how to fix it. So this is fun.

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Deimos Rast

Just popping in to say that I too would love to see a CR compat patch for Rimsenal (Feral especially).
I just started using CR and having successfully fought off some Ferals (a definite favorite!), I now have weapons with infinite ammo, at a time when I was rationing every bullet and converting my people over to bow and arrows because of it.
I looked at the files to try to see about doing it myself and...yeah, that's a lot of work so I know what you've committed to. Compounding the fact is the issue that I don't know what the CR fields correspond to (besides generally) and whether higher numbers are better or worse.
Good luck and no rush.
#StopPluginAbuse

grepet

I too am waiting for Federation and Feral to be updated to Combat Realism.. Wish you the best as you work on this!

Rafe009

Can anybody describe what exactly the feral are like and how much they differ from normal raids/raiders? I'm interested this particular mod for more aesthetic options but do not want to deviate that much from vanilla and potentially make the game easier or uncompromisingly harder.

A Friend

Quote from: Rafe009 on August 25, 2016, 02:29:00 PM
Can anybody describe what exactly the feral are like and how much they differ from normal raids/raiders?

Discount Raiders. They're sort of like tribals given crappy guns and a unique ogre-like unit.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

123nick

Quote from: Rafe009 on August 25, 2016, 02:29:00 PM
Can anybody describe what exactly the feral are like and how much they differ from normal raids/raiders? I'm interested this particular mod for more aesthetic options but do not want to deviate that much from vanilla and potentially make the game easier or uncompromisingly harder.

ferals are a nice balance. inbetween pirates and tribals. they might be a bit harder, but u should be able to handle it. id recommend it.

Reviire

Quote from: grepet on August 25, 2016, 06:19:03 AM
I too am waiting for Federation and Feral to be updated to Combat Realism.. Wish you the best as you work on this!
I've sorta been putting it off because I got pissed off with something not working. I'll finish it at some point, just dunno when.

Maviaux

Quote from: Reviire on August 31, 2016, 04:48:01 AM
I've sorta been putting it off because I got pissed off with something not working. I'll finish it at some point, just dunno when.

Honestly, the fact you even tried is astonishing. So instead of pushing you to work on it more I'll just say thank you for taking the time to even look into it. With NoImageAvaliable gone I imagine working on CR at all is a pain in the ass, let alone making it work with something as complex as Rimsenal.

So again; thank you, Reviire.

Deimos Rast

Do you have anything like github or a place other people could look at your work (for the intent of helping). It's cool if you don't or aren't interested (too many cooks in the kitchen and such). It's also not entirely fair to put it all on you, while we sit here staring at you intently, waiting for news. :P
What specifically isn't working? Not promising wonders (I can't code a damn), but I wouldn't be opposed to looking at it and giving it a sharp poke or two. ;D
Naturally, with CR being in limbo with CCL's pending update, might be best to wait for the A15 version.
#StopPluginAbuse

Reviire

Quote from: Maviaux on August 31, 2016, 04:32:26 PM

Honestly, the fact you even tried is astonishing. So instead of pushing you to work on it more I'll just say thank you for taking the time to even look into it. With NoImageAvaliable gone I imagine working on CR at all is a pain in the ass, let alone making it work with something as complex as Rimsenal.

So again; thank you, Reviire.
I'm not working on CR, just with it. Skyarkangel is the one who's maintaining CR now. Issues i've been having is CR being a fucking mess to deal with, and when something doesn't work the game doesn't like telling you what has stopped working.

I guess I'll start doing some more stuff again, I can't leave it half finished. Just been playing so much Overwatch lately, but that got annoying too so whatever.

EDIT: Oh Rimworld is Alpha 15, that's going to be a pain.
EDIT 2: So I'm still going to work on the one i've been doing, for some reason or another the faction def for the ferals is erroring while loading, even though it's pretty much a copy paste of the other ones. Also the Thrasher stopped working for what I can see, literally no reason at all. All the defs are identical to the other weapons (renamed of course), but no it just doesn't wanna work.
EDIT 3: Inspirational music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEC00eLkns

rooki1

v0.7 Updated!
- Alpha 14 compatibility patch

Core:
- Arms Dynamics was moved to the Federation
- Tisiphone Enterprise added

Security:
- Harvester and Plasma Bombard were moved to the Federation

Federation:
- Changed to standalone package

Tisiphone Enterprise.
"The hunter and the avenger"

The seeker, the enterpriser, the bane of the Federation.

After the Federation civil war finally ended, the former Federation planets agreed to make a special unit that dedicated themselves to the hunting down of all Federation Peacekeeper Corps remnants. And this is why they built a fleet of self-sufficing star ships with autonomous armory. The crews of this fleet of starships were given the task of tracking down the remnants of the Federation Peacekeeper Corps while trading their weapons for suppliers on visiting worlds. Since then, strong single minded hunter-entrepreneurs of the Tisiphone Enterprise have continued to chase the tainted vestige of the Federation.

Designed for effective destruction of Arms Dynamics armor, their kinetic weapon fires charged kinetic energy shell. When it contacts its target, the shell release directional kinetic energy burst like a full swing of a sledgehammer.

Pros:
-Fast target acquiring
-Deal blunt damage
-Splash damage weapons affect a wider range.
Cons:
-Low damage
-Inferior range and accuracy

"Tyrant" Kinetic rifle: The "Tyrant" is a service rifle of the Tisiphone Hunter Contingent. Created for close quarters combat, one of the great advantages of the Tyrant is its cutting edge targeting systems for rapid target acquiring and tracking.

"Tormentor" Kinetic Pistol: Standard issue sidearm of the Tisiphone Hunter Contingent, the "Tormentor" is a fast firing personal defense weapon.

"Oppressor" Thudd gun: Unlike other ordinary close quarter combat weapon, the "Oppressor" canister rifle fires charged kinetic energy canister. It can be dangerous, even from afar.

"Wailer" Kinetic long rifle: Built for rapid counter snipe against the Federation snipers, the greatest strength of the "Wailer" is surprisingly fast target acquisition capability for the sniper rifle.

"Atrocity" Storm cannon: The "Atrocity" area suppression system was designed for suppressing multiple target from afar. The Atrocity's great maneuverability made its reputation as a fearsome support weapon.

"Eris" Survival knife: Survival knife of the Tisiphone Hunter Contingent. It can be used in a variety of tasks.

"Grief" Impact grenade: When it exploded, the "Grief" impact grenade releases some sort of shock wave. Although it's low damage, the Grief affects a wider range than conventional grenades.

"Nemesis" Reflector carapace: The "Nemesis" is a powered armor that created to hunt the Federation remnants. Almost immune to the heat energy, the Tisiphone Hunter Contingent provides this armor to their elite hunters.