[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Kapun

I only use Rimsenal - Enhanced Vanilla Pack and i can confirm that Protective Gear is OP. Armor sharp should be at 80% cause its 65% for plate armor and 108% for marine and Protective Gear should be somewhere in-between but not its 115%. Movespeed penalty could also be slightly bigger. Generally i feel that the is way to few kinds of armor in Rimworld. There is not tribal body-armor and there is just 1 kind of spacer armor, we could have light, medium(marine armor could go as medium) and heavy spacer armor but i don't see much of that in mods.

conkikhon

Quote from: Kapun on October 25, 2018, 02:14:22 PM
I only use Rimsenal - Enhanced Vanilla Pack and i can confirm that Protective Gear is OP. Armor sharp should be at 80% cause its 65% for plate armor and 108% for marine and Protective Gear should be somewhere in-between but not its 115%. Movespeed penalty could also be slightly bigger. Generally i feel that the is way to few kinds of armor in Rimworld. There is not tribal body-armor and there is just 1 kind of spacer armor, we could have light, medium(marine armor could go as medium) and heavy spacer armor but i don't see much of that in mods.
protective gear is quite strong, but raider can use it too, and speed in combat is very important

Kapun

Quotebut raider can use it too
This is not a valid argument. You can't just take an OP item and say that AI uses it too so that makes it fine. Items should be balanced for several reasons for example because OP items make other items useless. So in case of protective gear, it make marine armor useless because it need much more research, much more expansive materials like plasteel and its only advantage is a slightly smaller move penalty. Its very illogical that industrial tech-level armor is better than spacer tech-level armor (protective gear has 115% sharp armor and marine has 108%)

Ruisuki

federation troops seem really op. every other shot that hits seem to deflect off them. it makes contact but it shines like it just bounced off

conkikhon

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 28, 2018, 11:59:22 PM
federation troops seem really op. every other shot that hits seem to deflect off them. it makes contact but it shines like it just bounced off
Although kinetic weapons will beat them, they are very annoying because they will fight until the last man killed, and they can't be hacked too.

Ruisuki

Quote from: conkikhon on October 29, 2018, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 28, 2018, 11:59:22 PM
Although kinetic weapons will beat them, they are very annoying because they will fight until the last man killed, and they can't be hacked too.
i just entered their outpost after having to flee the first time and saw 19 soldiers, all but one with armor, and majority of them with advanced bionics and 5 turrets its insane. I dont see any way to come out on top without an air bombardment

Operative85

Hi! May I ask for permission to upload my modified descriptions for all the items and buildings across all the Rimsenal packs? I've edited every description that contained inconsistencies and errors such as grammatical, capitalization and spelling errors, as well as labeling the items more clearly to indicate what they really are and what company/faction they are from. To be clear, I have not erased any part of the flavor texts as to stay true to your lore, but I've only cleaned them up and corrected their aforementioned errors.

Thank you!

eksynn

Clipdipzip

Quick question, are the Federation Bions supposed to be souped up mechanoids or are they supposed to be genemodded cyborg monstrosities? I'm not sure because in previous iterations of the mod What the Hack worked on them but with the recent versions they've been changed to a living model, is this intended?

Call me Arty

Quote from: Clipdipzip on October 31, 2018, 11:06:45 PM
Quick question, are the Federation Bions supposed to be souped up mechanoids or are they supposed to be genemodded cyborg monstrosities? I'm not sure because in previous iterations of the mod What the Hack worked on them but with the recent versions they've been changed to a living model, is this intended?

The impression I got from them in previous versions is that they were simple brains covered in a layer of lab meat with some armor and shooty things on top of that. Not mechanical by nature, but they were certainly modified a lot. I'd go with B: genemodded cyborg monstrosities for the correct answer though. The argument of whether they should be hackable could go either way, in my opinion. It's probably along the lines of "if you were going to bring an enemy tank to your side, would you mind control the pilots or hack the machine".
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: eksynn on October 31, 2018, 08:23:56 PM
do all of these work with 1.0?

Steam workshop version is totally updated. The dropbox version for at least Rimsenal (base mod) is still saying it's 0.19. However, I haven't tested whether or not there's actual compatibility issues for the older version.

moonra

Quote from: Operative85 on October 31, 2018, 02:25:53 AM
Hi! May I ask for permission to upload my modified descriptions for all the items and buildings across all the Rimsenal packs? I've edited every description that contained inconsistencies and errors such as grammatical, capitalization and spelling errors, as well as labeling the items more clearly to indicate what they really are and what company/faction they are from. To be clear, I have not erased any part of the flavor texts as to stay true to your lore, but I've only cleaned them up and corrected their aforementioned errors.

Thank you!

While waiting for a reply from the mod creator, can I get a link to that, please? I've thought about doing that and did it in part while messing around with the numbers, but since you fixed everything I'd love to get it, the misspellings/grammar errors/etc are quite distracting. PM me if you don't think you should post it here without an answer from the creator, and thank you in advance.

Operative85

venoshock

Operative85

I'll send you a copy within 12 to 14 hours. I'll be sleeping in because today was a physically tough day today. I can't stand up and go to my computer due to an aching back. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.