[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbeh

Works pretty good, like the fact that it sorts stuff itself. Tried a different mod with storage boxes, but it could only handle 1 stuff for each box. But this, this is awesome, place it on the stockpile and it sucks up everything :D

Havent tested everything, but do this work in a beacon stockpile? Or do items I want to sell be in a open stockpile?

Iwillbenicetou

Any updates on the new mods? The things you want to do look amazing.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

RemingtonRyder

SilverTitch

Fusebox. very nice ratys. I tend to not use batteries but this could change thing's. Always have a rush on geo power just so i don't need solar / wind to avoid the discharge damage.

><

Ratys

Wow, glad you people like it!

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on March 12, 2015, 06:59:39 PM
Any updates on the new mods? The things you want to do look amazing.

I'll most likely be working on the psychotherapy mod now; laying out foundations and getting the basic functionality out public is always priority for me. Then probably an update to RT Storage that will integrate most of RT Core into it, with subsequent dissolution of Core - I've discovered a neat way of interleaving mods should I want to, without them needing a common core; new features (at least the trash incinerator) while I'm at it, of course. After that - not yet sure; a way to counter solar flares (rolled into RT Fusebox), a new mod adding new incidents that actually make the game harder, a start on RT Biofuel?.. Kinda reluctant on the last one, because that would mean I'll have to find/create quite a bunch of art assets, which is harder than any other aspect for me :S

Montanio

I think they only thing this is missing is the ability to bridge stacks. Do you think you can devise a way to allow a remote stack for example, to link to another? This will make inventory management much easier. Is this what you are planning with the RT Relay? If so, are you planning to create an additional "client" storage pad or will it be the functionality be built into the original quantum/warehouse pads? The ideal setup will allow, say...

Building an outpost by first establishing a few storage pads, then linking them with the main base's large warehouse stacks. This then allows your builders to simply pull objects out of the quantum stack without having to run back and forth. This will also allow remote large scale mining/scavenging to be much more manageable on larger maps.

Also, is it possible to design a storage system for chunks?

cheetah2003

Hmmm... the fusebox doesn't seem to work.  It says it mitigated some loss to my batteries on the notice, and it takes damage, but my batteries always are completely drained when the short circuit occurs (unless they weren't connected to the power lines.)

I've had this event occur twice on this colony I started after putting the mod in. I'm using the better fusebox (the one that costs a few plasteel, mitigates 3000wd) and both times my bank of 5 batteries are completely drained.  (There's a possibility I put this mod in while playing a colony, I don't recall 100%, I'm going to start over and see if the fusebox is broke on a 100% sure new game.)

Am I doing something wrong, or does the mod not work correctly?  Do I need enough fuseboxes to cover all 5000wd my batteries provide for it to work?

BlackLotos

I believe that the job of the fuses is not to prevent the batteries from draining, but to stop the conduits from exploding.

cheetah2003

Quote from: BlackLotos on March 15, 2015, 03:17:12 PM
I believe that the job of the fuses is not to prevent the batteries from draining, but to stop the conduits from exploding.
Well it's definitely not doing that.  :D

cheetah2003

Yeah just an update, for sure started a new game, put in a basic fuse and two batteries.. got a short circuit, drained both battiers dead.

Ratys

Okay, okay, settle down everybody XD

Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 15, 2015, 03:03:13 PM
Hmmm... the fusebox doesn't seem to work.  It says it mitigated some loss to my batteries on the notice, and it takes damage, but my batteries always are completely drained when the short circuit occurs (unless they weren't connected to the power lines.)

I've had this event occur twice on this colony I started after putting the mod in. I'm using the better fusebox (the one that costs a few plasteel, mitigates 3000wd) and both times my bank of 5 batteries are completely drained.  (There's a possibility I put this mod in while playing a colony, I don't recall 100%, I'm going to start over and see if the fusebox is broke on a 100% sure new game.)

Am I doing something wrong, or does the mod not work correctly?  Do I need enough fuseboxes to cover all 5000wd my batteries provide for it to work?

Your total mitigation across all fuses (in a powernet) needs to be equal to or higher than the amount of energy you store (in said powernet). If you meet that criteria, whenever a short occurs you won't get an explosion at all, just some damage to the faulty conduit/wall, and to the fuses (with the cheaper ones potentially melting).

I could've done a better job clarifying it, but you still lose all stored energy. It's not a programming limitation, in fact it's easier to stop the incident rather than modify it in the way I did; it's just my take on the mythical "balance".

Quote from: BlackLotos on March 15, 2015, 03:17:12 PM

Exactly.

Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 15, 2015, 06:10:20 PM
Well it's definitely not doing that.  :D

If the fuses aren't stopping explosions then you don't have enough fuses :)  Or they're on the wrong powernet. I know I messed that one up while testing quite a few times.

Quote from: Canute on March 15, 2015, 07:42:05 PM
Hmm maybe you didn't study electrotech and don't know how to use the fuse(box) ? :-)
When you put the fuses somewhere they don't have an effect on the power.
You need to put the fuses between the batteries and the powernetwork.

Here you see 3 standard battiers, 3000 total power connect to the network with 2 standard fuses. 2 fuses because 1 fuse just hold 2500.
When the event comes, the 2 fuses get destroyed and no other damage happen.
Ofcouse the batteries are empty.

That's... huh. It's correct when looked at from real-world perspective, but RimWorld is not quite realistic, especially in power department.

My fuses don't really work that way. They work from anywhere on the powernet; and, for shame, I'm not entirely sure what would happen if they are used like you've shown - they could work as I intended, or fail miserably, or even throw an exception. Naturally, I'll clarify it before next update.

Quote from: Montanio on March 14, 2015, 04:38:32 AM
I think they only thing this is missing is the ability to bridge stacks. Do you think you can devise a way to allow a remote stack for example, to link to another? This will make inventory management much easier. Is this what you are planning with the RT Relay? If so, are you planning to create an additional "client" storage pad or will it be the functionality be built into the original quantum/warehouse pads? The ideal setup will allow, say...

Building an outpost by first establishing a few storage pads, then linking them with the main base's large warehouse stacks. This then allows your builders to simply pull objects out of the quantum stack without having to run back and forth. This will also allow remote large scale mining/scavenging to be much more manageable on larger maps.

Also, is it possible to design a storage system for chunks?

I have thought about linking stacks, yes, but going that way I'd have to break my way of avoiding the "colonist abstracted resource availability" problem, or solve it, which I'm not really up to.

So the plan is to indeed have a kind of remote client for quantum warehouses - a kind of all-purpose single-stack storage building that, when it's filter is set to accept an item, will have said item pulled onto it from the linked quantum warehouse. Not yet certain on the details or how putting items back would work exactly (probably there will be a toggle button to switch between input/output).

As for chunk storage - yes, definitely, although not in the same way as quanutm stockpiles: the game logs an error if it finds several chunks in a single cell while saving. It's not something I think is possible to fix from a modder's end.

MsMeiriona

Oh thank gods, the quantum storage is a miracle. I can have freezers of a size that doesn't require too many coolers, I can keep all my silver in a single room near my coms, it's just wonderful. I can actually USE my storerooms again, without using up huge amounts of room even after modding what stack numbers I can (leather and meat don't seem to be able to be edited, they appear to be hard coded to 75.) The power cost makes up for not needing a billion coolers and lights and stuff.

cheetah2003

Quote from: Ratys on March 15, 2015, 09:11:41 PM
Your total mitigation across all fuses (in a powernet) needs to be equal to or higher than the amount of energy you store (in said powernet). If you meet that criteria, whenever a short occurs you won't get an explosion at all, just some damage to the faulty conduit/wall, and to the fuses (with the cheaper ones potentially melting).
Okies, I definitely misunderstood how they worked.  Thank you for clearing it up for me!

millenium

can we get a waterproofing upgrade for the quantum stockpiles their fantastic for trading zones but they keep short circuiting.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport