[Mod Request] Nonlethal weapons

Started by thenightgaunt, March 09, 2015, 12:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightgaunt

After playing Rimworld for a bit I noticed that after a while I had problems capturing raiders without seriously messing them up. Now to be fair I go for bases with nasty turret kill boxes and almost entirely skip melee weapons.

So here's my question, is there a way to create nonlethal weapons in this game? Tasers, neural disrupters, tranquilizer darts, etc...
Essentially I'm looking for ranged weapons that incapacitate rather then doing damage.
At the simplest I'm thinking perhaps a short range (think shotgun) weapon that is supposed to be some sort of taser.

Is that something that people would be interested in or that someone would be willing to make? I stink at creating code but I'm ok at modifying code. So if someone would be willing to put together a proof of concept I might be able to expand upon it.

Zoimos

skullywag

Im gonna be doing more work on non lethals soon. Ive built up a good size backlog of stuff i want to implement so bow is a good time to add then.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

thenightgaunt

Quote from: Zoimos on March 09, 2015, 01:25:11 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.0

there is some non-lethal stuff at the bottom!

Well that's fantastic! Thanks for the link.

To Skullywag: The weapon mods there look really interesting. I'll have to give them a shot.

PKGameOnly

Quote from: skullywag on March 09, 2015, 01:28:18 PM
Im gonna be doing more work on non lethals soon. Ive built up a good size backlog of stuff i want to implement so bow is a good time to add then.

So Skully are you done with your mods and are they ranged or non ranged incap weapons, and what did you call it so I can go read all about it.  Would love to have something like this as I would like to have this so I can cause less trauma to my enemy all the while trying to capture them so I can "enslave" I mean recruit them.

skullywag

The mod already exists imeant i was doing MORE work on it. I just added a beanbag shotty that stuns
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.msg58569#msg58569
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?