[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: Jan2607 on May 02, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
I have installed this mod, and I have a little problem with it: The line "relationship damage on success" in the guest menu has a lot of acute accents.
I'm playing RimWorld in German language and in the past I had occasionally problems with that when I used mods (for example the Industrialization mod).
Do you know any solution on this?

Screenshot attached.

This indicates that these two things are BOTH true:
1. You're playing in development mode.
2. This string isn't translated.

The modder should translate the string, and/or you can turn off dev mode.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jan2607

When I took the screenshot I was in dev mode, but after I turned it off, it was still there. A few hours later a new group of visitors came (Dev mode was off) and it was still there.

This string is in English, like the string under it. But the other string doesn't cause any problem. So why do you think, the translation causes this problem?

Allright, I needed to restart the game after Dev mode was disabled. Thank you, Tynan :)

Jan2607

And again, I have a problem:

My colonist Steven was recruiting a guest. The guest was recruited by another colonist and Steven stucked.
His status is "Trying to recruit Frenchy".
I can't order Steven to do anything (on the screen shot he is drafted, because I tried to move him).
If I order another colonist to wound (attack) him, Steven gets invisible.

Screenshot of Steven and the Debug Screen attached.

How can I help my colonist to move?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sigan

Quote from: Jan2607 on May 02, 2015, 07:14:38 PM

My colonist Steven was recruiting a guest. The guest was recruited by another colonist and Steven stucked.
I can't order Steven to do anything (on the screen shot he is drafted, because I tried to move him).

I'm having the same problem.  Colonist can't be fixed via drafting, but the recruited colonist has become a part of my team.  Also, I've noticed that sometimes I'll get the successful recruitment message stating that I have a new colonist, but the colonist will still be following the group of traders and, had I not drafted and undrafted said colonist, it appears he would have walked right off the map with them!  So, just a few little bugs here, but I love when it works right.  :)

Edit:  As well, all of his needs are frozen.  He's not getting tired, hungry, upset... it's annoying.

Muramas

Hey I had an idea for your Hospitality mod but it would change the way it worked and I don't know if that interested you or not.

Right now when another village comes to visit there isn't much point other than to help if there is a raid and they are nearby.

My idea is that when visitors come you are acting as a hotel where you can sell services can by providing a meeting spot for them where they can play games, eat food and sleep. By doing this you can improve relations and convince visitors / purchase their help, bring traders (or expand trader's stock)

This could use the Incident: Trader Arrival from misc mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

Daman453

I have a bug, When i got a guest to join me, when i put it to 3X speed, it lags like a mofo. Resetting the game does nothing, but 2X speed works good.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Orion

Thanks everyone for providing feedback!

Quote from: Jan2607 on May 02, 2015, 07:14:38 PM

Once you get the red errors the colonist is broken, I'm afraid, so better reload (it might be fixable by modifying your savegame, but that may prove tricky). Are you using the latest version 1.04? I thought I had this one fixed, so I'll have to check what could still be causing it.

Quote from: Daman453 on May 03, 2015, 09:27:53 PM
I have a bug, When i got a guest to join me, when i put it to 3X speed, it lags like a mofo. Resetting the game does nothing, but 2X speed works good.
I'm after this one, but I can't locate the source of the problem. For all I know I'm doing things correctly when joining new pawns, so I really don't know what other system is interfering. Also my computer is pretty fast, so I can't even tell when it would lag for other people :-\

Quote from: Muramas on May 03, 2015, 11:05:15 AM
Hey I had an idea for your Hospitality mod but it would change the way it worked and I don't know if that interested you or not.
I've been thinking about this as well. It's definitely possible, and something I thought would be a great expansion of this mod (actually, I chose the name with this in mind). But for now I'm struck with too limited time and I first want to get the current version to work perfectly and also convert my other mod to A10. Thanks for thinking along, though!

Orion

Changelog
1.04a - 05.05.2015
- fixed exception when multiple colonists try to recruit the same person (again)

I hope it'll be fixed for good this time. It might even solve the slow downs after recruiting *fingers crossed*.

Ienkoron

*Whispers so 'they' don't hear* The link worked YAY this is an awesome mod :D
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

V3cta

Hey there, don't know why but my colonist does nothing when I want him to convince someone to join. :| I can't even right-click on the person I want to convince. I've got Alpha 10F.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Exampl3 on May 05, 2015, 07:55:24 AM
Hey there, don't know why but my colonist does nothing when I want him to convince someone to join. :| I can't even right-click on the person I want to convince. I've got Alpha 10F.

have you turned on dev mode and looked at the debug menu to see what the potential cause is? also make sure your rimworld is Version 785

V3cta

Yeah looked at it a few minutes ago and it seems like it didn't load properly. (was at the end of the list) But I put it next to the Core Module and now it works. Thanks. (Y)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Pursuit

Still getting the error where my colonist freezes and I cannot get them to do anything. It says that the colonist is trying to recruit the visitor who was just recruited. Also causes stutter lag and repeating the below errors in rapid succession. Is there a way to reset all colonists who were recruiting each time a new colonist is recruited, maybe that would fix it:

JobDriver threw exception in Tick. Pawn=Raf, Job=GuestRecruit A=Human160609 C=(0, 0, 0) Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit.TryGuestRecruit (Verse.Pawn recruiter, Verse.Pawn guest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit+<>c__DisplayClasse.<TryRecruitGuest>b__c () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Toil.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.Cleanup (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.CleanupCurrentJob (JobCondition condition, Boolean releaseReservations) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.EndCurrentJob (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.EndJobWith (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception ticking Raf: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit.TryGuestRecruit (Verse.Pawn recruiter, Verse.Pawn guest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Hospitality.JobDriver_GuestRecruit+<>c__DisplayClasse.<TryRecruitGuest>b__c () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Toil.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.Cleanup (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.CleanupCurrentJob (JobCondition condition, Boolean releaseReservations) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.EndCurrentJob (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.EndJobWith (JobCondition condition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at Verse.TickList.SingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Avail Pursuit's YouTube Channel
Now get on with your Pursuit!

Orion

Quote from: Pursuit on May 06, 2015, 04:49:43 PM
Still getting the error where my colonist freezes and I cannot get them to do anything. It says that the colonist is trying to recruit the visitor who was just recruited. Also causes stutter lag and repeating the below errors in rapid succession. Is there a way to reset all colonists who were recruiting each time a new colonist is recruited, maybe that would fix it:

Thanks for the report. The problem is that I can't reproduce the issue. Which other mods are you using?

Pursuit

Quote from: Orion on May 06, 2015, 05:05:29 PM
Quote from: Pursuit on May 06, 2015, 04:49:43 PM

Thanks for the report. The problem is that I can't reproduce the issue. Which other mods are you using?

Just EdB Interface. I also noticed that the new colonist was recruited by a different colonist than the one who ends up frozen.

Don't know how you have coded it but I had a couple of ideas that may be giving the problem. Like the problem is with multiple colonist trying to recruit the same guest or the task not being dropped as a current task when they move on to doing something else. Or two colonists being assigned the same recruitment job before it is marked as being underway.

Hope this is helpful. I think it is a great mod.
Avail Pursuit's YouTube Channel
Now get on with your Pursuit!