[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faythe

As of the 1.09c my guests are still pretty much arriving then leaving if their faction is capped.  Also I still seem to have guests breaking down and going insane when leaving a lot.  I didn't even get rimworld until the 3rd of January and didn't start looking for mods until a few days after that.  However I did go and re-download the 1.09c to make sure mine was the most current and it was.

AllenWL

I've made lots of cash off visitors arriving, going nuts, fighting, then dropping uranium shivs and other expensive melee weapons for me to sell.

Also, there is a downed visitor in my colony. I decided not to rescue him and my negotiator goes to talk to him every day to improve our relations. He doesn't seem to mind being left to die in the snow...

Orion

Quote from: Faythe on January 21, 2016, 10:23:56 PM
As of the 1.09c my guests are still pretty much arriving then leaving if their faction is capped.  Also I still seem to have guests breaking down and going insane when leaving a lot.  I didn't even get rimworld until the 3rd of January and didn't start looking for mods until a few days after that.  However I did go and re-download the 1.09c to make sure mine was the most current and it was.
Yeah I noticed. In the next version I'll change how the visiting score works anyway. It will be based on each visitor's experience (that is also used for leaving stuff, etc.) and not on how much the faction relationship has increased. So then they will just leave after a fixed interval again.

Quote from: AllenWL on January 21, 2016, 11:37:10 PM
I've made lots of cash off visitors arriving, going nuts, fighting, then dropping uranium shivs and other expensive melee weapons for me to sell.
I guess I have to add a check for the final market value of the stuff they bring. I did notice some over the top items as well.

Quote from: AllenWL on January 21, 2016, 11:37:10 PM
Also, there is a downed visitor in my colony. I decided not to rescue him and my negotiator goes to talk to him every day to improve our relations. He doesn't seem to mind being left to die in the snow...
I guess I should exclude downed visitors from negotiations!

Faythe

Thanks for the heads up on the faction still leaving.

QuoteQuote from: AllenWL on January 21, 2016, 11:37:10 PM

QuoteQuote from: Orion

Would be nice if we could rescue villagers who are visiting for increased faction.  I had a villager get mauled by a squirrel or something and the other villagers just picked him up and left pretty much immediately which dropped my faction a bit with them. Rescue, tend and chat with until they are healed and able to leave on their own. Specially if you have a hospital room set up already.  But if you don't rescue them then they get rescued by their own faction then leave.

And half the time the uranium/gold/silver items they drop when killed are already damaged like they were actually using them vrs. actually being gifts.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Faythe on January 22, 2016, 10:53:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the faction still leaving.

QuoteQuote from: AllenWL on January 21, 2016, 11:37:10 PM

QuoteQuote from: Orion

Would be nice if we could rescue villagers who are visiting for increased faction.  I had a villager get mauled by a squirrel or something and the other villagers just picked him up and left pretty much immediately which dropped my faction a bit with them. Rescue, tend and chat with until they are healed and able to leave on their own. Specially if you have a hospital room set up already.  But if you don't rescue them then they get rescued by their own faction then leave.

And half the time the uranium/gold/silver items they drop when killed are already damaged like they were actually using them vrs. actually being gifts.

It's entirely possible. I've had visitors incapacitated on my map, rescued them, then upon leaving the map, I received a message saying something like " *X pawn* left the map safely", and it increased my relation with the faction.

If friendly pawns decide to go for the rescue first, you can't do much about it.

Faythe

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 22, 2016, 11:07:11 AM

It's entirely possible. I've had visitors incapacitated on my map, rescued them, then upon leaving the map, I received a message saying something like " *X pawn* left the map safely", and it increased my relation with the faction.

If friendly pawns decide to go for the rescue first, you can't do much about it.

I wasn't even able to try to tend him though, there wasn't an option to rescue him even though my character shot the critter that attacked him.  Shot the critter, paused the game, tried to rescue and option wasn't even there.  Or even being able to offer medical attention to guests that was wounded either from your own turrets, raids, or mad critters.

Orion

Would be nice if we could rescue villagers who are visiting for increased faction. 
Maybe I can add a delay before visitors leave when someone gets wounded.

This is on purpose. They haven't crafted a golden power armor just for you, but probably found it, didn't have use for it and brought it along. I'll definitely have to put a cap on the value of the items, to avoid some of the more unlikely gifts. Maybe I could also base it on the relationship you already have with the faction.
If they don't particularly like you, they'd be less inclined to carry their most valuable possessions all the way, just to take it back home again if they didn't like it.

AllenWL

Really? All the uranium shives and vincendium maces I got were all at 100%

viktoria.s

Is there any ways to download the source code for this mod's assembly? (I have an idea which I would like to try that's why I am asking.)

Orion

Quote from: viktoria.s on January 31, 2016, 01:19:41 PM
Is there any ways to download the source code for this mod's assembly? (I have an idea which I would like to try that's why I am asking.)
It's included in some of the versions. Until the next version is available, you can download it here.

viktoria.s

Quote from: Orion on February 01, 2016, 10:03:25 AM
Quote from: viktoria.s on January 31, 2016, 01:19:41 PM
It's included in some of the versions. Until the next version is available, you can download it here.
Thank you very much  :)

AllenWL

Can visitors that die in your colony or somehow don't make it back lower reputations?
Because as of now, every time visitors come with something I want, I lock them up or hope they meet some trouble, then loot their corpses. I mean, I have a townsmen lying on the snow, bleeding out, and some of their buddies come over, see the dude, and just leave him when they walk out.

patrickscheper

Orion

Quote from: AllenWL on February 08, 2016, 06:58:39 AM
Can visitors that die in your colony or somehow don't make it back lower reputations?
Because as of now, every time visitors come with something I want, I lock them up or hope they meet some trouble, then loot their corpses. I mean, I have a townsmen lying on the snow, bleeding out, and some of their buddies come over, see the dude, and just leave him when they walk out.
That's a good point. I don't play the game that way, but indeed, there should be an effect. Although it could be devastating for your relationship if a group of visitors gets wiped out on their way to or from your colony. I'm definitely open for good ideas. Capping the value of the visitors objects seems like a good first step, though.

Is it possible to change visitor behavior so they stay inside if there is a raid going on? They go right through locked doors (maybe this is more of an MVP thing), and are the main cause for reloads  ??? they leave right then and get murdered in crossfire. Storytellers seem to have a soft spot for raiding if visitors are going to be sandwiched somehow.