[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Ok, i got a little trouble with my visitors at moment.
Playing on a tundra map with permafrost.
And all the visitors comes with "summer" appearals and get frozen to dead.
Not sure if this from the mod or vanilia.

Orion

I think neither... I play on tundra as well and visitors are clothed just fine. Maybe it's a specific faction or another mod conflicting? Do you get errors when they spawn?

Canute

Nope, no error msg (dev. mode).
Just some visitors came, map -17 deg. celsius(winter).
Visitors got clothes, one for -37, -16,-11, -2,-1,0  Celsius.
Lucky i got now a temperate guestroom, they didn't need to stay outside like at the beginning. And the map isn't that big i usually like to play.
But they are from "The agency" a Call of Cthulhu mod faction, maybe i blame these author :-)

Orion

123nick

now, most visitors have the red text saying they dont know my colonists enough to want to join, like, almost all of them. is this intended? only time i managed to recruit was a family member of a colony, but if the visitor isnt like, having a relation with the colony members, then it seems impossible to recruit them, which may be intended. maybe allow bribes to be administered to guests, too increase there chance of joining, or gifts of items with high market values.

System.Linq

I saw the recruitment chance go up when visitors were entertained, but they don't stay long enough for that to get to any reasonable level.

Orion

Yeah it needs tweaking again. It used to be easier to build relationship in A15, for whatever reason.
I've noticed this too but blamed it on my guy's low social skills.

Grishnerf

yeah but make it not that easy again like in a15.
it was too easy for my taste.

for Balance you should require a good-to-perfect "recruiter" that is only improving relationship in the guestroom IF you wanna recruit them at the first visit-cycle.
if you just let them stay in the guestroom and do nothing "Special", you will be able to recruit them at the second to third visit. (they visit again with improved relationship)
feels kinda right. but just my opinion.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Orion

Grishnerf

yup, for me it's okey at the moment.
but i have a masochistic trait so i cant speak for everyone else :p

maybe let the visitors stay a little bit longer if that is possible to give some more time to boost relationship.
but otherwise this mod is perfect for me.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Canute

When they keep the relationship, it is ok for me.
It is no need to hurry for the recruiting because you can choose the target and get it soon or later when they visit again.

FadingFog

Hello, I Russified your mod. You can add my translation to your mod. Link -> https://www.mediafire.com/?jc6fbl2vdcuw1c0

123nick

tbh, if you just made the stays longer, giving chance too further increase entertainment or something, then that might be all the balancing needed.

Smexy_Vampire

how do i patch the more furature beds to guest beds ?

Orion

@AlexDeluxe: Thanks. It would be best, though, if you could fork the repository on GitHub and make a pull request, like it's done for the Chinese translation now: https://github.com/OrionFive/Hospitality

Then you can update your translation when necessary and also see when I made changes to the language files.

@Smexy_Vampire: I've answered this before somewhere in this thread, I believe (or on Steam). Also you can better ask at "More Furnature", since I'm not really sure how it works exactly.

I can make visitors stay a bit longer. Although they might run out of food then and be more grumpy in the end.