[W|0.9.727] - Pawn Generation: Illogical Pawn Backstory

Started by SSS, March 14, 2015, 03:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

Though I'm not 100% that this is a bug, I found it highly unusual. A visitor from another faction came to the colony. When I checked their stats, it turned out that they had art disabled despite being a conceptual artist in their backstory. I wouldn't object if something happened in adulthood that negated the childhood gains, but in this case their artistic abilities were quelled in childhood, yet they grew up to be a concept artist somehow anyway. I think this either shouldn't be possible, or the adulthood should re-activate artistic ability.

I don't know if this is a specific scenario or if this happens with other backstory combinations, but reproducing this should be possible with some patient pawn spawning.

Here's some screens of the pawn in question:

Dr. Z

I don't think it's a bug, because there's no system that fits the backstorys together yet, they are purely random (except for custom characters of course), so this is more of an unfinished feature.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Yeah, this kind of thing happens all the time. I don't really want to constrain it because I think some of the combos are amusing. Just use your imagination!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog