Seed

Started by prongssage, March 21, 2015, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prongssage

I'm looking for a seed that will give me a world with most of it's factions as tribes I've been though about 25 (probably a lot more than that I've lost count lol). I'd settle for 3 tribal factions but would love for all the factions to be tribal but i doubt there is a seed for that. Thanks  ;D

loc978

...I use the same seed every time (my username), and the factions are always different. Pretty sure it's just pure RNG within set parameters. I've never seen more than three of any one type of faction, or less than 4 total factions... also, don't think I've seen that few for a long while. Whatever the first alpha was when Tynan instituted world seeds and biomes...

SSS

Has anyone ever run into a scenario where all of the factions (pirates aside) are enemies with one another but friendly to the colony?

The most I've seen is two (non-pirate) factions that are enemies of one another but friends with the colony. There was also one that hated the colony but got along with the other factions... >.>;

Anyway, I'd like to see some faction infighting, but I don't know the current limits.

loc978

Quote from: SSS on March 22, 2015, 09:25:59 AM
Has anyone ever run into a scenario where all of the factions (pirates aside) are enemies with one another but friendly to the colony?

The most I've seen is two (non-pirate) factions that are enemies of one another but friends with the colony. There was also one that hated the colony but got along with the other factions... >.>;

Anyway, I'd like to see some faction infighting, but I don't know the current limits.

I've had that once, but my factions consisted of three pirates, one hostile tribe and one outlander town.

Thanks to Randy, I never had to deal with a siege alone. There was always at least a 3-way battle.

...which is what eventually killed me, when a tribal raid spawned on the opposite side from a siege, and they wound up all focused on me.

deslona

What needs to be done to the world save file to add factions?

milon

^ Open up the .rww file in a text editor, look at the layout of the faction entries, and manually add/edit.  It's fairly straightforward, especially if you've got a couple .rww files to compare.

Quote from: SSS on March 22, 2015, 09:25:59 AM

I think the best you could do there is to try to roll all hostiles, and then befriend them over time.