Count to !UPDATED! 20,000 before Tynan posts!

Started by GamerGuy, March 28, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Hmm...... Mhmm.....

If infinity - infinity = infinity then infinity 1 and infinity 2 (and 3) aren't infinities, but they're numbers (?)

Anyway - 868

Dogsplace

Adamiks

"From a layman's perspective, imagine that I have an infinite number of hotel rooms, each numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, ...

Then I give you all of them. I would have none left, so ∞−∞=0

On the other hand, if I give you all of the odd-numbered ones, then I still have an infinite number left. So ∞−∞=∞.

Now suppose that I give you all of them except for the first seven. Then ∞−∞=7.
While this doesn't explain why this is indeterminate, hopefully you can agree that it is indeterminate!"

At this point we will say that infinity is ALL, exactly ALL, all universes etc, so if you subtract infinity from infinity there is nothing left.... but infinity is also nothing... i think.... so..... infinity - infinity = 0 = infinity????

EDIT

But if we're saying about infinity in more math way then.... Well.... I think math sucks here, because, for example "1,3,5,7....." will go to infinity but... "2,4,6,8...." will also go to infinity, so like you see math don't say what infinity it is, so i don't think you can do anything with two infinities in logicial way (math way may be good, but not very logicial... at least for me)

TheGentlmen

Thats the point... Infinity - Infinity = Undetermined, thorever I can say Infinity - Infinity = Cats or whatever I want.

Oh, and... 872

Dogsplace

Adamiks

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Adamiks

Dogsplace

Dogsplace

StorymasterQ

880 YAY I GET THE NICE ROUND NUMBERS
I LIKE ROUND NUMBERS BECAUSE I AM ROUND LIKE THEM

...I need a diet :p
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Try the rimworld colonist diet, consisting entirely of strawberries, potatoes, people and Booze!

MARTY WE HAVE TO GO BACK!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

NOO COEN! YOU FORGOT YOUR NUMBERS!

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here