Botched Surgeries

Started by Matthiasagreen, March 30, 2015, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthiasagreen

For those of you that think the surgical errors are unrealistic, check out this story I found online.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/03/24/ex-soldiers-penis-amputated-after-botched-kidney-operation/
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

warden

Is that a troll article? It says he shouldn't be devastated after losing his member? I'd go utterly berserk on everybody involved. Every. Body.

And i still can't imagine how someone gets his pelvis removed while replacing an arm.

TheSilencedScream

He SHOULDN'T be devastated?
Sure, the restroom-like-a-woman part isn't THAT huge of a deal, but the - ahem - other uses of the male organ (both reproduction and recreational) are HUGELY devastating.

And who the hell is that professor to say otherwise? He (in the comments, several voice that the professor is a he) wasn't mentioned at all prior to that one quote - why is he being asked his opinion at all?

On-topic of Rimworld:
Yeah, the catastrophic part is a little overboard. At least kidneys and genitalia are connected and in a similar vicinity.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Monkfish

Botched ops, eh? This one was in for a kidney removal...

<insert witty signature here>

SSS

M - "Oh no! I meant to cut off your arm but I amputated your head! DDD:"
H - "Dr. Martin, I have the pla- HOLY CRAP. DDD:"

Good times.

Someone should do a Rimworld comic.

PotatoeTater

This one was to install a new eye. Guess the kidney got in the way.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Life is Strange

Rhea

But that's how eye surgeries work for real, I promise.
You go in through the lower torso, pass by the kidney and all other internal organs.
Get your tools up through the throat and then do the surgery.

How they do it? I don't know. I'm not a surgeon   ;)

Woyzeck

One -26 cut to a colonist's gut taught me not to let amateurs attempt even basic limb replacement.

Funny thing was the leg that was getting a peg had already been amputated by this point. I guess Dr. Giggles there decided to carve the new peg themselves, with a scalpel, while sitting on the patient's lap. Only explanation that makes sense.

iame6162013

Now I just hope tynan won't see this or else all my colonists ain't going to be abl... never mind they can't do that either way!
So who cares if their part get's removed they can't *** use it?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

UMK

On the other hand if the damage from failed surgeries have been affecting part of the same group it'll make eye surgeries life&death roulette. Problem is it's not easy task to modify surgical failures in more realistic / less fun way.