[A12d] Warhammer 40k Weapons V8.0

Started by Headshot, April 03, 2015, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentlord

Quote from: Necronomocoins on April 17, 2015, 09:28:52 AM
Orc weaponry should be easier to research/build/find for Orcs, and harder to use for non-orcs(Orc weaponry is genetically coded for use by Orcs). Wild/tameable Squig and Squiggoth would be a deadly addition. An Orc should be able to paint a bomb yellow to make it more powerful (the Orcs main psychic ability.) Oh and, Orcs are the most populous race in the Galaxy, so should be like tribal raids with the number of raiders increased.

wow... clearly you know nothing of 40k lore... orks, yes ORK. with gene-coded weapons. lol.... orks weapons and orks in general is all about simple construction, simple technology.

orks are also not the most numerous race.... that belongs to Tyranids, or humans if you want milkyway only races.
orks can claim the largest armies, behind again tyranids.

silentlord

Forgot to post, @Headshot. awesome work my friend. looking very good.

Addeptis

Well this mod just keeps looking better and better! I have some ideas for some events below, most them war related, because you know whats 40k with out grim dark warfare...

Order of chances from unique to common
Unique- Once a year chance
Rare- Once every 6 months chance
Uncommon- Once every 2 months chance
common- Once a month chance

Major(good)Event: Outpost
Chance to happen: Unique
Description:If you have +50 with the guard, theirs a small chance once a year they will set up a out post within your colony map, the out post would contain 3-5 guardsmen, a barracks and a outlying wall of sandbags. There out post would be one all steel building barracks(heating,cooling,medical,food,etc) with maybe 4-5 solar panels that provide energy with 5 batteries to store it. And a wall of sand bags surrounding it 3-5 blocks away from the building. There food gets dropped off once a month by a guard squad of 5-10 guard. This group could also have a small chance of reinforcing the out post, by adding there numbers to the out post. The guard at the outpost would rush to protect your civilians, in raids by orks or anything else for that matter. Should the outpost guard numbers every drop to 0, the out post is abandoned. And the base then can be harvested for supplies.

Event(good/bad): Deserters
Chance to happen: uncommon
Description: Imperial guard deserters either join your colony to escape commissariat execution, or just outright attack the colony.If attacking 2-5 guard appear.  If joining, small penalty with guard relations, gain 1-3 new colony members.

Event Major (good/bad):Large Battle
Chance to happen: Rare
Description: Two very large  groups of any faction appear on the colony map, and start to rip and blast each other into bloody pieces.  We are talking about 30+ Vs 30+ size battle going on. Now you may be thinking ooohhhh look all this great loot, and you would be right, so long as the wining faction is not hostile to you... In which case guess where there going next.... Also a small relations bonus for helping out a side in the fighting.

Event (good/bad): Medium size battle
Chance to happen: Uncommon
Description: Same as large battles, only difference being the starting number, 15-25 vs 15-25

Event (good/bad): Small skirmish
Chance to happen: common
Description: Same as large, only difference being the starting number, 5-15 vs 5-15

Event (good): Crashed weapon shipment
Chance to happen:rare
Description: A rouge traders weapon shipment has crashed near by, 6-8 random weapons appear at a crash site.

I have a lot more event ideas I could throw out right now. But I rather not bother you to much. Also are some of these are even possible like the out post idea? Hope some of these help!

Also the rules for tabletop on the assassins are pretty broken at the moment..... Along with every thing Tau..*rants*

Necronomocoins

Quote from: silentlord on April 18, 2015, 11:52:45 AM
Orc weaponry should be easier to research/build/find for Orcs, and harder to use for non-orcs(Orc weaponry is genetically coded for use by Orcs). Wild/tameable Squig and Squiggoth would be a deadly addition. An Orc should be able to paint a bomb yellow to make it more powerful (the Orcs main psychic ability.) Oh and, Orcs are the most populous race in the Galaxy, so should be like tribal raids with the number of raiders increased.

wow... clearly you know nothing of 40k lore... orks, yes ORK. with gene-coded weapons. lol.... orks weapons and orks in general is all about simple construction, simple technology.

orks are also not the most numerous race.... that belongs to Tyranids, or humans if you want milkyway only races.
Correct, I know very little about 40k lore, I copied everything from a 40k lore website and you tell me I'm wrong? Tell them (found the website from a post in this thread) that, all the lore I 'KNOW' is from WH40K Dark Crusade, it has no Tyranids. I'll spell Orc however I please, everybody knows what I mean.

Plymouth

Quote from: Necronomocoins on April 18, 2015, 06:27:16 PM
Quote from: silentlord on April 18, 2015, 11:52:45 AM

Correct, I know very little about 40k lore, I copied everything from a 40k lore website and you tell me I'm wrong? Tell them (found the website from a post in this thread) that, all the lore I 'KNOW' is from WH40K Dark Crusade, it has no Tyranids. I'll spell Orc however I please, everybody knows what I mean.

Spelling Orks as Orcs is wrong. In both warhammers they are orks, not orcs. So when you refer to an orc, you refer to some other game and some other orcs.

Aklyon

As much as a decent rts Dark Crusade is, its not the answer to everything 40k. Lexicanum site is afaik more detailed about all the 40k bits, including tyranids and Orks. (and considering how most orky things are spelled, orc doesn't really fit in as well anyway ;) )

Headshot

Lol, you guys. Lets focus on my new upcoming sexy melee weapons  8)

I'll make sure to spell'em Orks. Lets not argue about the little things :)

Plymouth

Quote from: Headshot on April 18, 2015, 08:34:25 PM
Lol, you guys. Lets focus on my new upcoming sexy melee weapons  8)

I'll make sure to spell'em Orks. Lets not argue about the little things :)

as soon as PA 3.00 is out I will jump in abroad the w40k wagon to help you out with art as well as other stuff :)

silentlord

@Headshot: apologies my friend, im not intending to argue. but as you know yourself, all 40k fans are die-hard. its just mega annoying when people who know nothing spout random stuff about 40k as fact.

looking forward to more stuff... that chainsword looks friggin amazing.

[/quote]

im not here to insult or argue, but if you have no knowledge then don't post it, thats all im saying. and saying you'll call then orc is just another example of lack of knowledge... orc is D&D and all other fantasy and using the incorrect term is just a lack of respect.
you'll find that 90% of 40k fanboys are themselves fanatics, and will pounce on you for this lack of knowledge and dis-respect.
if your truly like the rich and deep 40k lore then read these websites:

Its a mature 40k lore website that sticks rigidly to 40k facts. (although its fast becoming old and stagnant due to lack of updates)
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000

this one is update with all changes to 40k lore. however its owners has weirdly mixed new and old 40k lore and some of their own lore. regardless it has the major races and galaxy backgrounds.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

Quote from: Plymouth on April 18, 2015, 07:05:44 PM
Spelling Orks as Orcs is wrong. In both warhammers they are orks, not orcs. So when you refer to an orc, you refer to some other game and some other orcs.

thanks Plymouth.

Headshot

Quote from: Addeptis on April 18, 2015, 02:41:26 PM
Events...

Oh man thanks. I want to stick with my schedule, but most of the time I come across some cool and easy to make gun and make it.

Once we get some armours done, we'll have factions. I've got Orks running around in game, but haven't figured out how to spawn them with weapons, etc. just yet. Once I get all that stuff sorted out and armour created for other factions, we'll work on events and other features. There's so much other than weapons we're looking to create.

And I don't want to discourage anyone from making posts, you guys posting here gives us both feedback and assistance, among extra publicity :)

Necronomocoins

Quote from: silentlord on April 19, 2015, 07:18:21 AM
@Headshot: apologies my friend, im not intending to argue. but as you know yourself, all 40k fans are die-hard. its just mega annoying when people who know nothing spout random stuff about 40k as fact.

looking forward to more stuff... that chainsword looks friggin amazing.

im not here to insult or argue, but if you have no knowledge then don't post it, thats all im saying. and saying you'll call then orc is just another example of lack of knowledge... orc is D&D and all other fantasy and using the incorrect term is just a lack of respect.
you'll find that 90% of 40k fanboys are themselves fanatics, and will pounce on you for this lack of knowledge and dis-respect.
if your truly like the rich and deep 40k lore then read these websites:

Its a mature 40k lore website that sticks rigidly to 40k facts. (although its fast becoming old and stagnant due to lack of updates)
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000

this one is update with all changes to 40k lore. however its owners has weirdly mixed new and old 40k lore and some of their own lore. regardless it has the major races and galaxy backgrounds.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

Quote from: Plymouth on April 18, 2015, 07:05:44 PM

thanks Plymouth.
[/quote]
Soz, I meant no disrespect. Also I have acquired brain damage and forgot that I used to play table top Warhammer 40k and D&D for years, about 15-20 years ago and no one complained about my spelling and people were more helpful when I got things wrong like that. I guess people weren't so sensitive back then? Once again, I'd like to apologise for any disrespect anyone may have felt. Of course you would want to have the spelling correct in the mod, I wouldn't want to play with incorrect spelling everywhere, unless I was in control of a purely "Ork" colony. Even then, you're all right and I agree when you say it should be "orky" not "orcy".

Ljosapaldr

The lasguns doesn't show up in the newest version.

TrashMan

If you want some more 40K stuff, I have a link to a dump in this thread.
Astartes weapons and armors

Headshot

Quote from: Ljosapaldr on April 23, 2015, 10:38:16 AM
The lasguns doesn't show up in the newest version.

Okay, I'll update and have a look when I have the chance.

Quote from: TrashMan on April 27, 2015, 02:05:55 PM
If you want some more 40K stuff, I have a link to a dump in this thread.
Astartes weapons and armors

Oui Oui xD if you wanna help out or give art I'll take'em with open arms, but if you mean the mod from that other game, I wouldn't like taking their stuff, and the art style is way different.

In any case,
I've been busy with finals and essays in the last two weeks, but soon it'll be summer and I'll have tons of time to work on the mod.

TrashMan

No, that's my stuff I made.

I believe Project Armor has my lastest files and I can give you a link too, if you can't find it in that thread