Tortoises are OP, please nerf

Started by Cirno, April 03, 2015, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirno

Once a tortoise goes insane, someone's going to die. There is no escape from the tortoise. Their small size combined with high HP and damage enables them to rush multiple shooters, lock them in melee, and kill them easily thanks to their blunt and sharp damage resistance.

This is what happens when you piss off a tortoise in real life.

Nobody should ever die to a tortoise. Especially not trained assassins. (which is what prompted this post...)

BetaSpectre

You can say the same about Squirrels. Boom rats are probs too tough melee wise also.
We could argue that these are alien tortoises...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Argon

Genetically modified carbon fiber encased 3 foot tall tortoises.  Cower in fear.

-Argon

skullywag

umm 1 guy being micro'ed can take a tortoise out no problem, they are waaaay slow. Draft pawn, shoot, when tortoise gets close, move away, rinse and repeat...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kegereneku

Maybe those are mutant ninja turtle ?

:D
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

SSS

They're too slow to be a major threat, so I don't see toughness as a problem. In a worst case scenario where they all go crazy, try to bait them with a colonist into attacking a door and have others shoot at them from afar. Turrets can kill them off reasonably if you have multiple, also.

leax256

Tortoises are op? A rhino can take a sniper rifle to the heart and live.

UMK

Regret

Jstank

Have you ever encountered a wild snapping turtle. They are vicious. You do not want to get into a fight with a turtle. You will loose.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Cryorus

Ever got all turtles mad i early game through an ancient ship part ? Even if they are slow, I lost 5 good men and women to these viscious creature.
THEY GOT LIMBS BITTEN OFF, FROM !*$&* TURTLES !?. Seriously they are not much but a itty bitty OP. maybe less dmg then its fine.
(I think Argon is on the right track...)

RemingtonRyder

They do have a weakness - cold. Lure them into a freezer and seal them in, mwahaha.

MajorFordson

Would be GREAT to see some sort of mutant snapping death turtle :D

Small creatures in general seem very OP, they all ought to die to a single bullet or melee blow...

Argon

Quote from: MajorFordson on April 05, 2015, 10:26:47 PM
Would be GREAT to see some sort of mutant snapping death turtle :D

Small creatures in general seem very OP, they all ought to die to a single bullet or melee blow...

Realistically it would make sense for a single shot to kill a squirrel, but it is so much more epic when they charge onward and bite off the nose of one of your colonists.

-Argon

praguepride

These aren't "normal" squirrels, they're Giant Miniature Space Squirrels.

Much more dangerous. They go for the eyes.