[A10] [MODPACK] Skullywags OmniPack V1.3 (Last update - 02 May)

Started by skullywag, April 15, 2015, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan on May 02, 2015, 03:28:43 AM

What other mods do you have installed? It sounds like a mod conflict, if you have the mods out of order then skully's Omniweapons may be using the bullet type from the conflicting mod (usually do to using the same name for the bullet type)

Hm, possibly. I have tried to create a grenade launcher which uses the same bullet type.
Tell me please, is it possible to re-name the bullet type without breaking my mod, or will I have to bid a teary eyed farewell to it? =|

skullywag

It might break guns in the save you already have (as in it will load but any guns of that type probably wont fire) but other than that it should be good to just rename the projectile and change the weapon def to point at it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 08:41:34 AM
It might break guns in the save you already have (as in it will load but any guns of that type probably wont fire) but other than that it should be good to just rename the projectile and change the weapon def to point at it.

Okay, done testing. I'm afraid it's Superior Crafting.
I've removed my weapon mod, created a new world, a new colony, still the weapons have these same broken stats.
Superior Crafting has its own weapons weapon def(s), but I have deleted all 3 of them exactly because I feared it would conflict with this mod, and you changed vanilla weapons anyway, so...

Aside from SC and my mod, I have NO other mod that could possibly cause this;
I have the autohunt beacon (and its "common" mod which is required for it), caveworld flora, SC, prepare carefully, hospitality and veinminer.

I don't even see damage defined for weapons in your mod, individually like vanilla weapons have, only CD/warmupTicks.
All I can think of is a conflict inside the two mods' .dlls.

It seems like SC and Omniweapons aren't compatible. =(

skullywag

No, no dll code is at play here, all my defs have the damage and cooldowns in them in the normal place, cooldown on the weapon, damage on the projectile, it might be near the top of the file as weapons like the plasmas share 1 type of projectile. Only vanilla weapons or weapons with the same name as mine will be incompatible (and even then mod order would take precedence), unless SC does funky stuff to modded guns???

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 09:23:08 AM
No, no dll code is at play here, all my defs have the damage and cooldowns in them in the normal place, cooldown on the weapon, damage on the projectile, it might be near the top of the file as weapons like the plasmas share 1 type of projectile. Only vanilla weapons or weapons with the same name as mine will be incompatible (and even then mod order would take precedence), unless SC does funky stuff to modded guns???

I can see;
     <damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
      <damageAmountBase>15</damageAmountBase>
      <speed>70</speed>
That is all.
Out of this, how will different weapons deal different amounts of damage, I do not understand.
And I have no idea what SC does exactly, sorry.

*sigh* I will now create 2 new worlds, one with SC and your mod, the other with your mod and that alone, let's see how it works out.

Edit: Not needed. Core and your mod alone (just downloaded again), new world, new colony, plasma precision rifle still deals 18 damage, with the vanilla sniper rifle's CD/warmup.
Rimworld is up-to-date as well.

I have nooooo idea what's going on.

Edit2: For fun, I have added specific damage value to said precision rifle. Now it deals 40 damage, exaclty the amount I've given! I'm not sure whether to be happy about it or not... o_o

skullywag

All plasma weapons do the same damage as they use the same projectile. Thats done on purpose. I didnt want them to do different damage the difference is the dps and accuracy and range.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 11:14:10 AM
All plasma weapons do the same damage as they use the same projectile. Thats done on purpose. I didnt want them to do different damage the difference is the dps and accuracy and range.

I don't even...
Do you even care?

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 03:24:23 AM
That sounds wrong those arent the numbers in my defs...check.

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 11:14:10 AM

So those *ARE* the values you've given. I have no incompatibility problems then, I have no problems at all.
That is, aside from a bunch of unbalanced weapons, starting with a sniper rifle that deals less 15* damage, with the same CD/warmup as the rest, accuracy difference of ~0-5% tops, damage 1/3 that of a ballistic, 1/2 that of a laser, but hey, at least it still deals 3 more damage than the charge precision rifle, a "charge" weapon, which has the best DPS of vanilla weapons.

Mmmkay, thanks for clarifying.

skullywag

Thats because im still balancing, this is obviously a work in progress in terms of balancing. Hence the talks myself and latta have been having on the last few pages about weapon stats, my apologies, I thought it was obvious. Ill hopefully get around to a balance pass soon, but my time to mod is pretty much non existent at the moment.

Oh and as an example of plans (incase you want to do this yourself) the plasma precision rifle will fire multiple rounds in accurate burst so negating 15 damage and doing upwards of 45 damage with a 3 round burst. Ive got it all written down but as stated above...no time.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: skullywag on May 01, 2015, 01:07:05 PM
You on latest version of the mod?
I'm assuming you're replying to me.  I was using the newest at the time (1.2)
Tried with 1.3 and same types of issues.

It seems these issues do not crop up unless i color cycle the lamp since loading a save/creating the lamp.  I forget if i mentioned that all lamps reset to white on load.

skullywag

Thanks Dave ill do some testing my end, havent played with them much myself.

deadlydullahan

Nothing Serious but any particular reason why the title is 02 Feb (which I assume is short for February) but we're in May. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but it's throwing me off hard.

Brain Farts Happen  ;D

Also I appreciate the work you do to put these mods together, theyre incredibly useful.

skullywag

brain fart, its when i last updated. edited, thanks.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2015, 06:02:59 PM
Thanks Dave ill do some testing my end, havent played with them much myself.

You're very welcome, i love what you've done - i know its a lot of work (i'm trying to wrap my head around a mod that uses assemblies and i'm missing something after i create the dll, lol.  - thanks for your hard work

Zapp Brannigan

Hey skully, I created these Research files for ya. Still struggling with the .dll crafting, but here are the .xmls Go through them at your leisure. I did my best to balance it and added a sense of progression (you can't jump straight to plasma rifles or carbines, you need to work your way up to it).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuzjl7ljadhcgsb/ResearchProjectDefs.rar?dl=0

zidey