Request: Pantry Raiders.

Started by A Space Ostrich, April 24, 2015, 04:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Space Ostrich

At the moment Raiders are bent more on genocide than on actually raiding for any particular purpose. I'd like to see a mod that changes that. Ideally the raiders would generate a goal and then attempt to accomplish that goal, for example, stealing food or random supplies from stockpiles, or kidnapping colonists for sale to slavers. More feasably, I'd like to see them just try and steal random items from stockpiles, while this could easily be abused by putting a stockpile with stuff in it outside the colony, I see that as leaving a peace offering than game breaking. Even more feasable would be using the existing kidnap colonist system and just forcing them to only do that, though my knowledge of the raider AI is limited.

skullywag

read the title wrong....><

Ive wanted raiders to steal for a while now. They already leave when they decide to take your downed guys id like to see that expanded to possessions.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Aarkreinsil

Panty Raidersâ,,¢
Just like the underpants gnomes, they'll orbital drop into your base and steal all your pants D:

Slavers would be a creepy addition. Just a bunch of people with personal shields and power armor, wielding stun batons/tazers to stun and capture your peeps.

Aoderic

I've often stockpiled a lot of silver, and I wondered why the pirates never tried to steal it. There must be rumours among the traders of a colony with a lot of cash, and that should incentivize the pirates for a raid.

RickyMartini

Lol I also read panty raiders first, made me laugh.