You've just been Rimworlded!

Started by Listy, April 24, 2015, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

Ahh, that special moment where something utterly bonkers happens due to Rimworlds random generator...

My colonists were all asleep when suddenly a Dawn raid by drop pods! The Pirates are landing. So my colonists scramble out of their rooms ready to defend, the pods open and disgorge three pirates...

One of whom immediately falls over, without me having to do a thing:

I wonder, will he self capture as well? Although it appears he's still game for a fight and is playing gun turret.

Ace42M

Crazy old Napo. Emphasis on the Nap apparently.

Your bed closets make my colonist sad for Needles and Porthos.

Listy

Quote from: Ace42M on April 24, 2015, 09:26:59 AM
Crazy old Napo. Emphasis on the Nap apparently.

I would have considered saving him, just because of how keen he is. I'm thinking the Black Knight levels of keenness.
Alas a passing band of locals is just out of screen shot. I think he got hit by a point blank shotgun blast.

Quote from: Ace42M on April 24, 2015, 09:26:59 AM
Your bed closets make my colonist sad for Needles and Porthos.

I tried giving the colonists a room that doesn't get the cramped penalty in one play through. My Village (~40 in that play though) covered half the damn map. And as each one was lit it sucked all my power.
So from then on they got a bed closet.

Although good news! Normally I give them a normal bed, however this time round king-sized beds for everyone! I also recently just completed an upgrade, so they each got two extra tiles of space for praying, meditating or private time.

Turps

Awe mate Napo's seen some things man. Maybe the raiders just wanna get rid of him cuz his just yells at everyone to "get off the grass" 24/7 and lols his gun is frail with dementia too.
Its not a battle unless some limbs are getting shot off!

Kegereneku

That's an old Raider who really really wanted to do one last raid before dying... too bad for him.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

nuschler22

You can save a little bit of room by incorporating a door between rooms with an entrance that looks like this:

xxx
x0x

The x is empty space, the 0 is door.  I saw it in one of Tynans videos. 

Also, light travels through vents, so you can put a light outside four rooms and they become lighted.  Saves a lot on power.