[A12d] Infusion - Equipment enchantment (03-10-15 v31b) Apparel fix

Started by Latta, May 01, 2015, 06:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

So long! :P
Next version will include label changes, which will also compatible with most of the mods. As long as they don't modify its thingClass. I'll abandon my idea of multiple suffix infusions as labels will become much more longer.
However I still couldn't make traders infuse my weapons. I can say I tried everything from injection, replacement, MapComponent's iteration... I spent whole two days in it!

If you have any ideas about new infusions/feature please let me know.

Quote from: Kaballah on May 02, 2015, 08:04:51 AM
Warmup bonus is tremendous anyway, no one is going to complain about that.  Time to find out how this works with crafted weapons (e.g. Brunayla's weapon crafting bench).

Extending this concept to armor/clothing would be so hilariously broken  ;D
I can give it a try! "Heavyweight synthread duster of stream (mast)".

Latta

I tried not to release 12 for a few more days, but I found a big bug which prohibited hauling of some weapons. Sorry for all this frequent updates, especially for Ninefinger as he included this in his modpack. Uhh...

Anyway, this update will change infused weapon's label, so you can check if a pawn's weapon is infused or not. Without having to go deep into its info screen.
Problem: a weapon's label within its own inspection panel will be cropped out in some situation, like long prefix + long suffix.
Todo: Add an ITab, like ITab_Art so you can check its full name there.

Also added a message that will notify infusion. Comes with a sound. See LT_Infusion/Sounds for its license info.

Added a new suffix infusion as well. Tier 2, "art" will increase sculpting speed while boosting a bit of attack.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Latta on May 03, 2015, 09:41:23 AM
I tried not to release 12 for a few more days, but I found a big bug which prohibited hauling of some weapons. Sorry for all this frequent updates, especially for Ninefinger as he included this in his modpack. Uhh...

Anyway, this update will change infused weapon's label, so you can check if a pawn's weapon is infused or not. Without having to go deep into its info screen.
Problem: a weapon's label within its own inspection panel will be cropped out in some situation, like long prefix + long suffix.
Todo: Add an ITab, like ITab_Art so you can check its full name there.

Also added a message that will notify infusion. Comes with a sound. See LT_Infusion/Sounds for its license info.

Added a new suffix infusion as well. Tier 2, "art" will increase sculpting speed while boosting a bit of attack.

No worries about the updates, the version im using works great, ill just wait till you have a full release version now before updating again. Cheers!

apljee

Two things:

-- Would it be possible to add in a def for modders to use this to expand upon the base functionality of your mod?

-- Would it be possible to get clothings and armour with these types of enchantments/such? Things like increased bullet dodge chance, increased hit chance, etc.

Latta

#1: Not sure, as I don't know anything about custom def making. I can take a look at the mod that adds custom background.

#2: No, as they don't exist in the base game. You can, however, increase existing stats like armor points.

jerome736

Finally saw my first infused item (from a tribal raider), love the text that pops up when it drops on the ground. It ended up being a wood club that improved pants making or something lol!

Latta

Quote from: jerome736 on May 04, 2015, 02:35:19 AM
Finally saw my first infused item (from a tribal raider), love the text that pops up when it drops on the ground. It ended up being a wood club that improved pants making or something lol!
Congratulations on that! And sorry for the wooden club ;D I got a plasteel knife of forest  as my first infusion from merc slasher.

mipen

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Latta

Okay, progress report.

A brand new ITab_Infusion, featuring easy-to-see prefix/suffix infusions with quality info.
Todo: Inject this to bows and pillars, too. They just don't want it... :'(
Todo: Change button's name, "Infusions", to "Infusion". Or "Details".

Screenshot of XML
A fully modmoddable InfusionDefs. A huge thanks to mipen for sharing his knowledge. ;)
I'm finally free of those enums!
What you can do now:

• Add, change or remove infusion you want.
  • Modify infusion's stat modifier. (Not in screenshot now)
  • Set an infusion's tier(1~3) and type(Prefix and Suffix).
Todo: Add canInfuseApparel : bool, so modmodder can apply it to apparels within XML.

For those curious, I pushed the most recent commit to GitHub.

Quote from: Tynan on May 04, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
I think this is an amazing idea! Very cool work.
Oh, Tynan! So glad to see you in one of my mod. I never though it would be possible to add values to Dictionary via XML, but while I was digging, I found out that you also created it!

jerome736

Are the infusions supposed to show up when zoomed in on them on the map (like in your example image, the text under the "grade" of the weapon)? It does not appear for me at least, not in color etc.

Latta

Yes it is. Are those not displaying label crafted, bought, dropped from raiders or all of them?

jerome736

Quote from: Latta on May 05, 2015, 09:17:44 PM
Yes it is. Are those not displaying label crafted, bought, dropped from raiders or all of them?

This is all that I'm seeing.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

New version is up. I'm skipping all those 1x version to 20.

All changes ===
There are now 5 tiers instead of 3. Tier's name and its color follows standard World of Warcraft naming and coloring.
    List: Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Artifact
The chance for lower quality weapon infusion has greatly increased.

Infusions are now fully customizable, from tier, name, description and to stat modifiers. See InfusionDefs for more information.

New inspector tab for viewing full name, quality and all stat modifiers.
Infusion descriptions have changed a lot.

Translation support is now partial. Translation of some strings are not possible for now.

I believe this update is backward compatible to not break your save, but all your weapons will be reinfused.

Latta

New version is up. This is a minor patch.

All changes ===
Fixed issue with weapons within raider's hands not getting infused.
Significantly increased MoveSpeed bonuses as they did almost nothing.
Reduced chance of getting Legendary/Artifact infusions.
Changed infusion notifier sound.