How do I do surgery?

Started by TitaniumTurtle, May 03, 2015, 09:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitaniumTurtle

So I have 2 amputees in my colony (technically 3 but the other one already had a bionic arm), and I finally managed to get a trader with some replacement limbs, but now I have no Idea how to attach them to my colonists. None of my colonists seem to be able to pick them up or anything, except for the guy who cant get out of bed because he only has 1 leg... Also, my doctor only has one arm, so I dont know how this is going to turn out...

Kaballah

Colonist character pane -> Health tab -> Operations

Benny the Icepick

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on May 03, 2015, 09:33:37 PM
Also, my doctor only has one arm, so I dont know how this is going to turn out...
Oh goodness, do let us know.  ::grabs popcorn::

TitaniumTurtle

So just in case, I went through all my colonists to see if anyone else had a decent medicine skill, turns out my warden/cook had a medicine skill nearly twice as high as my doctor. When I started the game she had a low skill, but I didnt notice that she had a strong passion for it, and I guess it increased from treating so many prisoners. Anyway, both surgeries went off without a hitch. In fact, both colonists are now functioning better than they did before. Actually a little bit disappointed that I didnt end up with some really weird botched surgery.

jptplays

I've yet to do surgery myself but I just got a prisoner/colonist that is bedridden until I can get them a working leg. Only time will tell...

Ketzal