[Request] Tiberium

Started by FantasySys, May 10, 2015, 07:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FantasySys

i dont know if this has been done or not but i would like to see a tiberium mod and it would spread and you would have to get special suits and stuff to protect from it and you can sell it for a lot

killer117

I dunno much about legal stuff but im pretty sure thatd be copyright as tiberium is an EA games thing.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

FantasySys

it would be a mod EA wont do shit theres allready 40k stuff and games workshop puts out the sue hammer on EVERYTHING

soltysek

still EA can't make anything about using idea for mod as long mod is FOR NON COMMERCIAL USE !!! So as long as you do not ask money for your mod you can even make total converson mod and make for eg Theme Hospital or NeedFroSpeed mod .

caboose410

Great idea. The Tiberium should be able to spread to most walls and floors and you have to research special materials and equipment to counter it. 

ARiA1089

but the research would be about 500 work right? anyway if im correct from my tiberium wars experience it came from meteors or somet that crashed and the crystals spread VERY fast, so fast containment would be required
+1 i loved tiberium wars
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

milon

You know, with the Alpha 11 addition of a fallout effect, it shouldn't be too hard to add a rare event where a Tiberium meteor drops down and you have to escape/contain/survive the event.  And rather than a Poison effect, it could Corrupt or something, mutating humans & animals in a similar manner to Tiberian Sun.  That would be pretty sweet!  ;D

EDIT - Actually, this sounds like a perfect candidate for EdB Scenarios! ...  If it was updated :(

PotatoOnStick

i like this idea would not mind it. If anything we should have such a thing in a fallout and/or radiation blasted biome in the vanilla game since it could allow for different kinds of gameplay.

Bodog999

I love the Command and Conquer Tiberium wars game. And if one of your colonists would be near the Tiberium frequently he/she could develop immunity to Tiberium. It could maybe be mined and crafted into weapons/traps.

silentwolf123

This would be a great idea, I can well imagine my colonies trying to block areas of the map off due to the tiberium spreading.... on second thought it could be used as a trap to

Falconcommand

I think this will be a great idea.
Tiberium silos with tiberium reactors. Maybe a few fractions like UNGDI, Sword of Chagall and CABAL.

So who`s up for the chalenge.

carlgraves

There was a mod Skullywag did that was kinda similar. It was called Purple Ivy, maybe look into that mod to see if there's anyone looking after it. It wasn't Tiberium, but it would spawn on a map and if ignored it would spread around the map and eventually kill anyone who stood/entered in the creep.

If you can get permission, perhaps look into expanding/modifying the Purple Ivy mod to do more tiberium related behaviors instead. Might be easier to reskin and update an old dropped mod instead of starting from scratch.

As for EA suing you; they don't have a bad reputation of murdering mods. You just might get into trouble if you ever try to transition it into a paid mod or were straight up stealing assets from decompiling the game. At the end of the day, it's a toss-up whether a developer will actually go through the trouble to force a cease and desist to shut down a mod. Nintendo seems to be the only sizable company still getting butt-hurt about stuff like that.