Noob friendly settings?

Started by Stealth, May 13, 2015, 07:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

FTL was also too much for me, but with RW I feel fine. It's hard to define how much "content" really is worth the price but when it comes to Alphas and early access I guess development also makes the price.

Stealth

Random question; How do you make sandstone?

Toggle

Do you mean the bricks? Because you need a stone crafting table, and make a bill. You can then edit the bill for sandstone chunks only if you want to, they'll go pick up chunks, craft them into bricks, and haul them off. Profitable business to do with chunks.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Stealth

Ya I mean bricks. I saw the option for sandstone in the bill options but IDK if there's sandstone chunks that you have to mine and turn into sandstone or if there's some sort of "regular stone" that can be turned into sandstone. I pretty much have only limestone and marble in my region.

Kegereneku

Then you can't produce them.
(you can still buy them from Trader or deconstruct ruin made of the stuff)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Stealth

I was lucky enough to get a drop pod with a bunch of sandstone bricks. I was then able to make my crematorium.

Grubfist

Quote from: Stealth on May 13, 2015, 07:22:40 PM
Hello everyone, first post :)

I was wondering if there's some menu options to basically play on "easy mode" while learning all the stuff there is to the game. I've played a bit of gnomoria so when watching Quill18 play this game I understood the basics. I don't want to get frustrated when Godzilla shows up and I'm still struggling with making a bed lol.

Fearing the potential difficulty of the game, I started as Freemode on Phoebe.

The raids that very rarely happened all consisted of 1 guy with a melee weapon charging my 2 improvised turret guns and dying.

The best part is if you get the hang of it and get bored, you can go into options and switch o Cassandra on Rough. That's also what I did.

TLHeart

Quote from: Stealth on May 17, 2015, 10:14:32 PM
I was lucky enough to get a drop pod with a bunch of sandstone bricks. I was then able to make my crematorium.

you can change the material, just right click, and a menu will show up with the available resources.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Stealth on May 16, 2015, 11:55:25 AM
I'm tempted to buy it but $37 CAD is pretty steep. Not many indie games cost that much, especially EA games!

I tend to consider how much game play I get VS how much it costs. In those terms, Rimworld is the cheapest game I have ever bought. I spent more on Diablo 3 and it's expansion, but played considerably less time. I don't really think it has anything to do with indie or not.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Kegereneku

Matthiasagreen tell truth.
Rimworld is one of those game with (potentially) extreme replayability.
And I'm not saying that because I suggested many different "ending". Even the Alpha allow more variation in your gameplay than many game I've played (once).
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Stealth

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on May 18, 2015, 12:08:03 PM

I tend to consider how much game play I get VS how much it costs. In those terms, Rimworld is the cheapest game I have ever bought. I spent more on Diablo 3 and it's expansion, but played considerably less time. I don't really think it has anything to do with indie or not.

I do that too but for an indie game you don't really know how the game will be when it's finished or how long it will take. "Overgrowth" is $30 and it's been in production since 2008 I believe and it's still nowhere near finished. That's why I don't jump in too quick and am turned off by the high prices. I think it's best that the price goes up slowly over time.

Another noob question. Is there a way to get colonists to auto equip better clothes? I have lots of high quality clothes but they're complaining about wearing tattered clothing and I have to manually equip them with better stuff.

TLHeart

Quote from: Stealth on May 18, 2015, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on May 18, 2015, 12:08:03 PM

I do that too but for an indie game you don't really know how the game will be when it's finished or how long it will take. "Overgrowth" is $30 and it's been in production since 2008 I believe and it's still nowhere near finished. That's why I don't jump in too quick and am turned off by the high prices. I think it's best that the price goes up slowly over time.

Another noob question. Is there a way to get colonists to auto equip better clothes? I have lots of high quality clothes but they're complaining about wearing tattered clothing and I have to manually equip them with better stuff.

I have more than gotten $30 entertainment value out of rimworld. That is how I judge all games.

For your clothing go to the outfit management, and change the durability slider to 50% - 100% 

They will drop the cloths that are causing the wearing worn out cloths, and put on better cloths.

Stealth

Quote from: TLHeart on May 18, 2015, 09:40:40 PM
I have more than gotten $30 entertainment value out of rimworld. That is how I judge all games.

For your clothing go to the outfit management, and change the durability slider to 50% - 100% 

They will drop the cloths that are causing the wearing worn out cloths, and put on better cloths.

So then YOU ripped off the dev! Also thanks for the tip :)

TLHeart

NO i have not ripped off the developer, he offered to sell it to me for $30, not my problem he under values his work.

But many people are unwilling to pay more, and he does need the income to keep going. 

Adamiks

Yep... $30 is a lot for me. I'm living in Poland (Europe). For $35 i can buy Witcher 3 so like you guys see $30 for alpha game is a loot especially in other countries.