[W|0.0.25B] Fires not responded to

Started by JKTD1919, December 01, 2013, 12:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKTD1919

Version Found - [W|0.0.25B]

Title - Fire was not responded to, and could not be prioritized. Destroyed part of colony.

Summary - An electrical explosion caused a massive inferno in one of my rooms. After the colonists diligently fought this fire, everything inside had been destroyed (six equipment racks.) However, before the fire was out, it had spread (through a 1-square thick rock wall) to the adjacent rooms, burning a potted plant and a research table. After taking care of the first fire, the colonists moved to fight the potted plant fire. But, once it was out, not a single colonist moved for the research table fire; in fact, they all went to bed. I attempted prioritizing it with all of them, but the only message that would come up would be "Cannot prioritize (Colonist is not a researcher)." After allowing all colonists to research, I again tried prioritising the fire, getting instead the message "Cannot prioritize (Research is a long-term task.) I thought to disallowing all tasks other than research and trying again, but by this time the table had burned down. I suspect the problem here is that the firefighting range is only 1 block; they could not deal with the threat because the fire was on the wall side of the table. Please fix; set firefighting range to 2 blocks or come up with another solution.

Steps to Reproduce -
1. Fire breaks out.
2. Fire spreads through 1 block thick rock walls into two adjacent rooms; one has a burning potted plant, the other has a burning research table facing the wall.
3. Colonists fight first fire.
4. Colonists fight fire in second room.
5. Colonists fail to fight fire on the back of the research table.
6. Research table is lost.

Expected Results - Expected colonists to fight the fire.

Actual Results - Colonists let the table burn down.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Dan0nator

Semmy

If you havent set the homezone they wont start putting out fires
If they have priorities higher than firefighting they wont aswell (-;

please check these things and let us know.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

JKTD1919

Forgot to mention. Home zone was indeed set in that area. (verified, loaded a save from seconds before the explosion) I keep my home zones up to date. When the fire spread from the block in the back of the table, colonists responded, but they still wouldn't fight the fire in the back. This is the diagram of the room; the X is where the fire was not fought. The L is a standing lamp.

I'll draw a diagram.

[][][][][] [][][][][] [][][][][] [][][][][] []
[]R R       L P[]E L  E E L E[]R R P    L P[]
[]R R           []E C      C E[]R R      C C[]
[]R R           []E C      C E[]R R         C[]
[]R R           []E C      C E[]R R         C[]
[]R R           []E C      C E[]R R      C C[]
[]L            L[]E C C C C E[]L   C C C L[]
[][][]--[][][][][][]--[][][][][][]--[][][][]

Key:
[] = Rock
R = Research Bench
L = Standing Lamp
P = Potted Plant
E = Equipment Rack
C = Conduit
-- = Door
Disregard spaces in walls, that was to compensate for [] =/= --
Strikethrough = Burning
Underline = Not fought

The lower left corner of the Research Bench fire was not fought. Whenever it spread, colonists would fight what it spread to, but not the back of the research bench.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Semmy

Can you upload the save so i can confirm this.

Than i will upload this to mantis with the save.

Thanks alot.
Edmund Burke

JKTD1919

I'm not quite sure how to do that, but I'll give it a try.

JKTD1919

It was an autosave and I've been playing since -_-. Closest save I have is seconds after it happened. Either that, or two days before, and I'm not sure the same thing will happen. I can upload them both to verify that the home zone was indeed activated, but other than that, I can't help anymore.

ShadowDragon8685

Colonists can only fight fires in squares they can stand adjacent to. So if a fire gets started in a square they don't have adjacent access to, such as the middle of a paste dispenser or a solar panel array, there's nothing you can do. My recommendation for those events is to draft every nearby colonist and have them shoot the burning building - no fuel, no fire.

The real bug here is that fire spread through a one-tile rock wall. What, was it giving off quantum-tunneling embers?
Raiders must die!

JKTD1919

Exactly my point; the thing spread somewhere it really shouldn't have, without even touching the rooms it would have to go through to get there. I can sort of understand it if the rocks were extremely heated, but even then, it would take a good amount of time for the heat to build up enough on the other side for a fire to break out.

Tynan

If sparks are passing through rocks, that may be a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

JKTD1919

Just happened to me again. I un-home zoned the initial room to see it the fire would spread through the rock again. Indeed it did. I saved right after the fire broke out. I uploaded the save below... is what I would say if I knew how to access save files.

ALSO, this is [W|0.0.254] NOT 254b. I assumed that since I got the game two days ago that it would be the b version, but it isn't. This bug may still be relevant though.

Semmy

Save files are in /user/appdata/localflow/ludeon/rimworld

remember to make sure your browser shows hidden files and folders.
Edmund Burke

JKTD1919

Still unable to find them. I've set my search to include all otherwise hidden results, including my operating system files, and I still can't find it. I even looked at every file/folder in appdata and in the search that came up for app. I looked in every folder containing the word RimWorld, and there are no folders containing the word Ludeon.

I don't have my RimWorld data in the standard spot, but it's in the same place I downloaded it to, if that helps. What should I search for? What is the file extension I'm looking for? Does the save file have the same name as it does in-game? (searched for it and didn't find it.)

Semmy

It is not about where you have your rimworld stored it always makes a folder in
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\rimworld\ [savegames]

Edmund Burke

JKTD1919

The extra Studios part may be what screwed me over. I'll check in an hour when I have access to my computer again. (Sent from mobile.)