[Mod] (Alpha 10) RimBakery - Granny would be proud! (26.5.2015)

Started by Ykara, May 26, 2015, 10:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ykara

Hey guys!
After three years I've decided to play Minecraft again. Although I now remember again why I stopped playing Minecraft, it gave me ideas for a new mod!
As the name suggests, it adds a bunch of new items you can bake or farm! I know there is already a mod that adds an oven, but this mod is far more complex and only about baking.

Download Version 1.0 (Mediafire):

Author:
Just me.

Special Thanks to:

• Everyone I stole the textures from! In the mod folder you can find the credits.

Overview:
This mod adds various new things: New plants, new items and food, new research and two new workbenches!
After you have researched the corn mill, you can make flour out of wheat - the main ingredient of all added pastries. You can also plant and harvest sugar beets and make them into sugar to bake sweet pastries! Of course you don't need sugar, you can bake bread or potatos, too! But where do you bake all this tasty stuff? That's what the oven is for! After only one small research you can bake everything you can imagine! (Ok, maybe not everything, but I'm open for suggestions ^^)

Current main features:

• 2 new workbenches
  • Bake various pastries!
  • Two new plants: wheat and sugar beet!
  • New research projects!

Planned:

• Add an unfinished item so baking takes longer
  • Tweak the textures (If Lord Tynan uploads the art source)
  • Translations
  • Of course lots of bugfixes and tuning - I'm constantly working on this mod

What you can do:
  • I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me feedback
  • Tell me how to make unfinished items without using stuff! Look here for further information.
  • Report bugs!
  • Suggest new pastries or features!
  • I'm not satisfied with some textures, so if anyone is willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it!
  • Have fun!

Screenshots:

How to install:
Just unpack the folder and put it in your mods directory of your game.

Compatibility
There shouldn't be any compatibility problems, but if you find some, please tell me!

Not compatible with:

• Nothing

Compatible with:

• Everything

Changelog:
1.0 - Initial Release (26.5.2015)

I hope you enjoy the mod!

Adamiks

Looks more logicial than flour from plants ;D

"Not compatible with:
Nothing"

Hmm.... What about vegetables garden?

Oh, and great work! And i think that textures are good.

By the way 2:
I love yours overviews. I've even created description in my mod on base of your EPOE description! :D

By the way 3:
There is Granny on this screenshot!

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 10:10:39 AM
Looks more logicial than flour from plants ;D

"Not compatible with:
Nothing"

Hmm.... What about vegetables garden?

Oh, and great work! And i think that textures are good.
Oh, that could be. I think we use the same defname for the oven, I have to look it up. Thanks for reporting!

By the way 2:
I love yours overviews. I've even created description in my mod on base of your EPOE description! :D
Haha, thanks ^^ I never thought someone could like them, they are basically just very short and bad written explanations of the mod ^^

rdz1122

Adamiks

Quote from: Ykara on May 26, 2015, 10:17:28 AM
By the way 2:
Haha, thanks ^^ I never thought someone could like them, they are basically just very short and bad written explanations of the mod ^^

Nah, they're great. Everything in another section, some nice jokes (like Granny on the screen, or not compatible with nothing and compatible with everything :D).

I don't really have time for playing but i'm gonna check it out ^^

By the way:
Textures from Minecraft? :O It's time to download minecraft and stole some textures!

By the way 2:
I think that costs of researches are bit too high.

llunauk

I'm gonna be singing to the visiting travelers now, "If I knew you were coming I'd of baked a cake!"

dismar

Ykara i like your mod! the stole graphics are great. :) In my next version update of my mod I have made some changes so that if ppl are using both our mods they won't have a ton of the same name resources cluttering up their base. Basically if you load my mod last ppl will see my art for wheat plants,wheat, flour, and sugar. If your mod is last they see yours. but there isnt repeats of the two. If that is all ok with you.

Ykara

Quote from: dismar on May 26, 2015, 10:32:20 PM
Ykara i like your mod! the stole graphics are great. :) In my next version update of my mod I have made some changes so that if ppl are using both our mods they won't have a ton of the same name resources cluttering up their base. Basically if you load my mod last ppl will see my art for wheat plants,wheat, flour, and sugar. If your mod is last they see yours. but there isnt repeats of the two. If that is all ok with you.
Wow, that's awesome! I just wanted to change my defname, but you were faster ^^ Now it's really compatible with everything and "switchable" graphics are a very nice bonus ^^

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Ykara on May 26, 2015, 10:04:29 AM
  • I'm not satisfied with some textures, so if anyone is willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it!
What would you like to change? I can some help with textures :)

deadlydullahan

Out of curiosity... is human meat secretly required for the baking of cakes?... With a texture like that, those cakes have to be a lie somehow...

Ninefinger

Im more concerned about the chair that Mispy is sitting on or the buttons on her shirt, eating a full cake like that without even using utensils. ;D

Ykara

Quote from: rdz1122 on May 26, 2015, 10:19:05 AM
Any additional bonuses for baked goods? I.e. Mood, etc
Oops, I totally missed your question! Of course there are additional bonuses for bakes goods. For example mood. Everything has a different thought and
nutrtion. The cake for instance fills your colonist up for a day ^^

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 28, 2015, 02:53:21 AM
Quote from: Ykara on May 26, 2015, 10:04:29 AM
What would you like to change? I can some help with textures :)
Wow, great! The textures I don't really like are the corn mill and the cake, the oven could need some work too so it doesn't look like a recolored smelter. The only restriction is that the textures should fit the vanilla artstyle.

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 28, 2015, 05:51:13 AM
Out of curiosity... is human meat secretly required for the baking of cakes?... With a texture like that, those cakes have to be a lie somehow...
Yeah, the cake needs some work ^^

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 28, 2015, 08:23:12 AM
Im more concerned about the chair that Mispy is sitting on or the buttons on her shirt, eating a full cake like that without even using utensils. ;D
I'm more concerned about Carney's shirt, it look like it's under incredible pain...[/list]

dismar

Are you looking for that basic oven look? like this? :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Adamiks

dismar