Unfinished items without using stuff

Started by Ykara, May 23, 2015, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ykara

Hi (again),
I have a problem with unfinished things. I'm trying to get it to work using no stuff, but it just doesn't work. I can't use stuff because the things I use for the recipe are no stuff, so I really need your help.
Thanks in advance!

mrofa

Look into core defs for building_art.xml, there in the thing base you will see a example of <recipemaker> its diffrent approach for recipes that allows you to use stuff in them
All i do is clutter all around.

Ykara

Quote from: mrofa on May 23, 2015, 11:37:05 AM
Look into core defs for building_art.xml, there in the thing base you will see a example of <recipemaker> its diffrent approach for recipes that allows you to use stuff in them
Well, maybe it's so obvious that I just can't see it, but as I understand it still uses UnfinishedSculpture.

<ThingDef ParentName="UnfinishedBase">
    <defName>UnfinishedSculpture</defName>
    <label>Unfinished sculpture</label>
    <graphicPath>Things/Item/Unfinished/UnfinishedSculpture</graphicPath>
    <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
  </ThingDef>

And everytime I try to remove stuffCategories nobody wants to touch my recipe :/

mrofa

you dont have stuff cost or any cost at all
All i do is clutter all around.

Ykara

Quote from: mrofa on May 23, 2015, 12:12:02 PM
you dont have stuff cost or any cost at all
But why can't I make my recipes then? I use nothing that is under any stuff category, so I think I need to use stuff to have unfinished items. Isn't there a way to use unfinished items without using stuff? :/

There is, but you still need a cost.  If you remove the stuff cost you need to replace it with something else.  A recipe with no cost (either stuff of specific) will not be worked on.

Add a fixed cost-list so your bill will be worked on.  I've made a small guns mod for myself which uses unfinished things and fixed costs on the guns and it works fine.

So, if you remove something like this:<stuffCategories>
   <li>Metallic</li>
</stuffCategories>
<stuffCost>50</stuffCost>

You need to replace it with something like this:<cost>
   <Steel>50</Steel>
</cost>

Your unfinished thing def may or may not need stuff tags regardless.  This I haven't fully tested.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.