[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H8ff0000

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 12, 2016, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: H8ff0000 on August 12, 2016, 02:43:08 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 12, 2016, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 12, 2016, 12:33:02 AM
Sad.. you get roasted by the constant updating?

Too much on my plate at the moment. As much as I love modding RimWorld, I don't have the time to dedicate to updating and maintaining the mods. Any free time I get, though, I'm spending working on A15, so hopefully it's completely stable and balanced.
Who could blame you. I haven't done it myself, but from the sounds of it, modding is a PITA due to a number of factors, which I just read, today actually, another modder list as his reasons for also leaving the RimWorld modding scene. Seems like a shame that could be avoided.

Thank you for all your hard work.

If you mean the Combat Realism dev, I disagree, but my mods aren't as complex as their mod, so I haven't experienced the same issues. There are snags here and there, but I'm modding a game, not working on it directly. I don't plan on staying gone, but I do need to take some time off to focus on all the stuff I've got going on, including making my own game. One of the reasons I like RimWorld as much as I do, and the main reason why I play it and mod it so much is because it's very similar to the one I've been working on. It's a double-edged sword, though; I spend too much time looking at the finished product, and not enough time focusing on the WIP one. I have learned a lot, though, and I have seen what works and what I'll do differently.
Can't help but be interested in this WIP game you mentioned. Care to share the basic premise?

cuproPanda

Can't say much, but imagine tropical RimWorld meets Minecrafts TerraFirmaCraft. Playstyle like Stardew Valley
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

H8ff0000

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 12, 2016, 03:47:33 AM
Can't say much, but imagine tropical RimWorld meets Minecrafts TerraFirmaCraft. Playstyle like Stardew Valley
I do like me some Stardew Valley :)

Etherdreamer

TerrafirmaCraft? dude that mod it´s awesome and survival should be like that mod. Officially.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 12, 2016, 04:05:05 AM
TerrafirmaCraft? dude that mod it´s awesome and survival should be like that mod. Officially.

Agreed
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

If anyone would like to test out the newest changes I've made, you can download the newest mods here *updated/fixed thanks to Adventurer*. They will require a new game. I plan on testing them as well to be sure they are working properly before A15 hits. Let me know if there are any issues!

DOMA

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 13, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
If anyone would like to test out the newest changes I've made, you can download the newest mods here. They will require a new game. I plan on testing them as well to be sure they are working properly before A15 hits. Let me know if there are any issues!

Any change logs..? Thanks

cuproPanda

Quote from: DOMA on August 13, 2016, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 13, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
If anyone would like to test out the newest changes I've made, you can download the newest mods here. They will require a new game. I plan on testing them as well to be sure they are working properly before A15 hits. Let me know if there are any issues!

Any change logs..? Thanks

Not yet. I am very pressed for time

Etherdreamer

I know you´re short in time, but after playing a bit with your mods, how feasible it´s the stuff that need water could get an "pipe" system? Maybe someday the game will need "quench", and this could be a good start into that mechanic.   

Adventurer

I've been using the test versions and haven't run into any problems yet. That said, I don't really know what's changed.

firathmagi

more wild edible plants like wild onions and the like would be nice especially for doing banned farming runs

Adventurer

Copru, I really need to know what's changed if I'm to test if everything is working. So far nothing seems wrong but it's hard to test changes without a list of them.

cuproPanda

(CP)
wells no longer have bills to get water
well gathers water over time, can be emptied into buckets via gizmo
added rain barrel, similar to well but only filled by rain
rain barrels will slowly evaporate in the heat if left unsealed
rain barrels show as pink squares after save/load (Fixed in later version)
well provides some free cooling
chandeliers won't minify until >50% of their roof is missing

(POW)
cooling tower can be made transparent if needed (will auto-reset transparency if left transparent)
forge and crucible listed as smithing job
smoker fueled by charcoal
cooling tower can be filled with buckets of water if needed

(QRY)
quarry spawns filth when built
quarry has its own work type, to not conflict with regular mining
quarry can only be built in a rocky area (60% or more stone/gravel)

(EXP)
ship part ingredients reduced to not give over 6 line error

123nick

hey a quick question, this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14870.0 adds in glass, so maybe you can add a unifier recipe to switch between your mods glass and this mods glass?

123nick

also, maybe a water purifier can be added as a way to get water? its quick, and cheap to build, but it requires power, and some water cells near by, or adjacent, inorder to work.