[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on August 17, 2016, 01:10:38 AM
hey a quick question, this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14870.0 adds in glass, so maybe you can add a unifier recipe to switch between your mods glass and this mods glass?

Quote from: 123nick on August 17, 2016, 01:29:49 AM
also, maybe a water purifier can be added as a way to get water? its quick, and cheap to build, but it requires power, and some water cells near by, or adjacent, inorder to work.

Both are good ideas. I'll work on making the recipe available for A15, but for now there's a template you can use to make your own recipes. I don't know if I'll have time to make a water purifier, but I do like the idea, so it'll probably be in a future update.

I'm currently in the process of moving, and I'm going to be transferring all of my files from my laptop to my desktop, so progress on A15 might be a little delayed, but I have downloaded the beta and I'll be using that to build A15. Hopefully I can release my mods a few days after A15 hits, assuming nothing major changes.

Since A15 has a passive cooling option, should Cooling Towers be more effective? It almost seems like the cooling towers should be removed now, but they are free once built, unlike the vanilla option which I believe gets destroyed.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

123nick

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 18, 2016, 02:17:56 PM
hey a quick question, this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14870.0 adds in glass, so maybe you can add a unifier recipe to switch between your mods glass and this mods glass?

also, maybe a water purifier can be added as a way to get water? its quick, and cheap to build, but it requires power, and some water cells near by, or adjacent, inorder to work.

Both are good ideas. I'll work on making the recipe available for A15, but for now there's a template you can use to make your own recipes. I don't know if I'll have time to make a water purifier, but I do like the idea, so it'll probably be in a future update.

I'm currently in the process of moving, and I'm going to be transferring all of my files from my laptop to my desktop, so progress on A15 might be a little delayed, but I have downloaded the beta and I'll be using that to build A15. Hopefully I can release my mods a few days after A15 hits, assuming nothing major changes.

Since A15 has a passive cooling option, should Cooling Towers be more effective? It almost seems like the cooling towers should be removed now, but they are free once built, unlike the vanilla option which I believe gets destroyed.

i like cooling towers. i have never built one, but i wonder, how do they work? i've never built one, they say they use rain water or something, do they take water buckets? also, the texture is a bit weird. i mean in theory the texture is good, but its too high- things north of it may get obscured and from the view of the camera in game it makes it seem like they are leaning north. the vulcan turret from marnadors more vanilla turrets mod is a pretty good depiction of a high object ingame, maybe u can take inspiration from it? or maybe make the rain tower take more space. another small thing- many of the constructs in this mod are very small, the furnace is 1x1 and so is the well. the well could be increased in size to like ,2x2, and the furnace i'm ok with having a 1x1 variant, but it should go slower than it is now, as a trade off for being small and taking less resources. maybe have a 2x2 and/or 3x3 furnace?

also, i will try to make some recipes for the glass. i think it adds its own sand too.

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on August 20, 2016, 12:34:56 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 18, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

i like cooling towers. i have never built one, but i wonder, how do they work? i've never built one, they say they use rain water or something, do they take water buckets? also, the texture is a bit weird. i mean in theory the texture is good, but its too high- things north of it may get obscured and from the view of the camera in game it makes it seem like they are leaning north. the vulcan turret from marnadors more vanilla turrets mod is a pretty good depiction of a high object ingame, maybe u can take inspiration from it? or maybe make the rain tower take more space. another small thing- many of the constructs in this mod are very small, the furnace is 1x1 and so is the well. the well could be increased in size to like ,2x2, and the furnace i'm ok with having a 1x1 variant, but it should go slower than it is now, as a trade off for being small and taking less resources. maybe have a 2x2 and/or 3x3 furnace?

also, i will try to make some recipes for the glass. i think it adds its own sand too.

For the A15 version the towers will have toggleable transparency and they can be filled by buckets. I like the size it is because it's clearly a tall tower, whereas doing it in a 1x1, 2x2, etc just makes it look weird. The tower is supposed to be really tall, and I just can't give the same illusion without covering things behind it. The transparency should fix that issue, though.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Adventurer

Quoterain barrels show as pink squares after save/load (Fixed in later version)

I just ran into this. Any chance of uploading a fixed version?

Adventurer

Tried to compile it myself using a guide but unfortunately it was not to be.

Error CS0840: 'CorePanda.Building_WaterGatherer.maxWater.get' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern. Automatically implemented properties must define both get and set accessors.

Adventurer

(What follows is a bunch of merged posts and edits, I bolded the super important stuff.)

----

Error CS0840: 'CorePanda.Building_WaterGatherer.maxWater.get' must declare a body because it is not marked abstract or extern. Automatically implemented properties must define both get and set accessors.

----

Oh hey, I got it to compile, just had to add a set; in there. but uh, I think your github for CorePanda is missing a ton of files. There's no Building_Chandelier.cs for example.

I really hope you can help me out with this, because the pink squares are really bothering me.

protected virtual float maxWater { get; set; }

----

Oh I see. 'Moved features to RAD'. So I need to compile RandomAdditions or do a revert of that commit...

----

Okay, I figured out I need to grab the source code from here, which is from before that commit: https://github.com/cuproPanda/CP/tree/42cc552c3a28316bfe1b405b96cd907f87df94f7

I had to make that same set; alteration I mentioned before but then it compiles fine, however for some reason it's a 60kb file rather then 48kb which is what it was before. I try loading up the game and while the errors I were getting before are gone, now Powerless and ExpandedPower are saying 'the classes in the module cannot be loaded'. The mod load order didn't change at all. Ugghhh

----

Still trying to make this work, but I spotted an error in the debugger that you should address. Something about using -- in the comments of items_DWC.xml for Dwarven Crafts on line 8. I changed them to equal signs instead and it went away.

----

Okay, I finally did it! Just had to recompile Expanded Power and Powerless with the new DLL. I guess you have to do that any time you recompile the DLL, which explains why you're moving things out of CorePanda and into its own mod. Still not sure why the DLL that I generated was 12kb larger than the one it replaced but whatever. The pink square bug is fixed on my save, now.

----

Ahh, I see what's making the one I compiled larger. sharpDevelop is including mscorlib and System.Core. Doesn't seem to make too much of a difference so whatever.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Adventurer on August 21, 2016, 11:29:06 AM
(What follows is a bunch of merged posts and edits, I bolded the super important stuff.)

----

----

Oh hey, I got it to compile, just had to add a set; in there. but uh, I think your github for CorePanda is missing a ton of files. There's no Building_Chandelier.cs for example.

I really hope you can help me out with this, because the pink squares are really bothering me.

protected virtual float maxWater { get; set; }

----

Oh I see. 'Moved features to RAD'. So I need to compile RandomAdditions or do a revert of that commit...

----

Okay, I figured out I need to grab the source code from here, which is from before that commit: https://github.com/cuproPanda/CP/tree/42cc552c3a28316bfe1b405b96cd907f87df94f7

I had to make that same set; alteration I mentioned before but then it compiles fine, however for some reason it's a 60kb file rather then 48kb which is what it was before. I try loading up the game and while the errors I were getting before are gone, now Powerless and ExpandedPower are saying 'the classes in the module cannot be loaded'. The mod load order didn't change at all. Ugghhh

----

Still trying to make this work, but I spotted an error in the debugger that you should address. Something about using -- in the comments of items_DWC.xml for Dwarven Crafts on line 8. I changed them to equal signs instead and it went away.

----

Okay, I finally did it! Just had to recompile Expanded Power and Powerless with the new DLL. I guess you have to do that any time you recompile the DLL, which explains why you're moving things out of CorePanda and into its own mod. Still not sure why the DLL that I generated was 12kb larger than the one it replaced but whatever. The pink square bug is fixed on my save, now.

----

Ahh, I see what's making the one I compiled larger. sharpDevelop is including mscorlib and System.Core. Doesn't seem to make too much of a difference so whatever.

You went through all that? Jeeze. Thankfully I don't have to reupdate every mod every time I update the core mod. They are referencing the folder location where I compile the CorePanda.dll, so maybe that's why. I checked the commits, and nothing else changed between the two updates, so the mods shouldn't have needed to recompile, but w/e. Glad it's working!

The errors have already been fixed, thanks for letting me know. The DWC error was supposed to already be fixed, I need to remember to stop changing the files in the RW testing folder. Normally I change the actual file, then copy it over replacing the version in my RW testing folder, that way if I like the change it's already saved.

Also, you probably could have just downloaded that commit's version of the .dll and had it working  :P

Adventurer

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 21, 2016, 01:34:41 PMAlso, you probably could have just downloaded that commit's version of the .dll and had it working  :P

According to the timestamps and file history that dll is from before the pink square fix.

https://github.com/cuproPanda/CP/commits/master/Mod/Assemblies/CorePanda.dll August 13th was the last time it was updated before today that is) and the pink square fix was August 14th.

Aside from you I think I have the only pre-A15 version of CorePanda that has the pink square fix. Do you mind if I attach it in this thread for others who might want it?

As an aside, what to do you use to compile? sharpDevelop is very fussy and hard to work with.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Adventurer on August 21, 2016, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 21, 2016, 01:34:41 PMAlso, you probably could have just downloaded that commit's version of the .dll and had it working  :P

According to the timestamps and file history that dll is from before the pink square fix.

https://github.com/cuproPanda/CP/commits/master/Mod/Assemblies/CorePanda.dll August 13th was the last time it was updated before today that is) and the pink square fix was August 14th.

Aside from you I think I have the only pre-A15 version of CorePanda that has the pink square fix. Do you mind if I attach it in this thread for others who might want it?

As an aside, what to do you use to compile? sharpDevelop is very fussy and hard to work with.

Ah yes, I also need to remember to recompile the dll before committing/syncing.

Go ahead and upload it since you know it's working properly :)

I use Visual Studio 2015 Community. VS has its quirks, but overall I like it.

Adventurer

Here you go. I rebuilt the CorePanda, Expanded Power, and Powerless with Xamarin Studios aka MonoDevelop, which is far easier to use than SharpDevelop (and it didn't complain about it missing a setter). Made sure to use the pre-A15 code from the GitHub for all three. I tested it too, everything is working fine. I also included the fixed XML file for Dwarven Crafts.

Feel free to update the OP with this archive, in fact I'd like that a lot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plhnwtrr86jfitd/cuproPanda_preA15.zip?dl=0

cuproPanda

Quote from: Adventurer on August 21, 2016, 03:04:17 PM
Here you go. I rebuilt the CorePanda, Expanded Power, and Powerless with Xamarin Studios aka MonoDevelop, which is far easier to use than SharpDevelop (and it didn't complain about it missing a setter). Made sure to use the pre-A15 code from the GitHub for all three. I tested it too, everything is working fine. I also included the fixed XML file for Dwarven Crafts.

Feel free to update the OP with this archive, in fact I'd like that a lot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plhnwtrr86jfitd/cuproPanda_preA15.zip?dl=0

Updated!

cuproPanda

Main post updated to include current progress on bA15 mods (no EXP yet).

Now excuse me while I slip into a poutine-and-murphys coma  ::)

drakemasta

could you do a mod that allows you to remove bionics from corpses?

cuproPanda

Quote from: drakemasta on August 22, 2016, 09:19:25 PM
could you do a mod that allows you to remove bionics from corpses?

I'm currently just working on updating my mods for A15, then I won't be uipdating any more. A15 will be my last upadte for a while.

Adventurer

That is a shame, but I'm confident that someone will step up to the plate for A16 since you provide all your sourcecode on Github