[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

If anyone would like to help test the new version with the mods they're using, I made a topic here

Mordgier, I need to remember to add those varied drops to the xml

Maybe I'll add a message popup that says "(colonist) struck a large vein of (ore)" and spawn 3x the amount? I really like the varied output idea :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Mordgier

Quote from: cuproPanda on July 26, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
If anyone would like to help test the new version with the mods they're using, I made a topic here

Maybe I'll add a message popup that says "(colonist) struck a large vein of (ore)" and spawn 3x the amount? I really like the varied output idea :)

Panda, it maybe outside of scope as I'm not sure of the complexity of this - but would it be possible to base output type and quantity on miner skill?

When I was playing around with my setup, the main issue I had in a new game is that I got platsteel and uranium very early in the game. It was still in relatively small quantities but given that I had no use for it, I could see it getting built up over the course of the game to the point that by the time the player researches an actual use for it they'd be sitting on a very nice stockpile of high end minerals. I didn't want to lower the yields for high end minerals as in my late game save it felt just right where I was getting some but always needed more.

I have no idea how to tie skill into it but if possible, I think it would be great if you needed mining 10+ to even start seeing high end minerals and 20 to consistently get high yields of rare minerals and no rocks.

That would also mean the player could control what the quarry puts out based on who is working it. Need rocks? Put low miner skill pawns in and they dig out mostly rocks and waste, need steel? Put in a mid level miner and they'll produce mostly steel. End game and need platsteel? Stuff in your best of the best...

If you can source the skill of the worker into the equation you would basically have several drop tables based on skill level. Use the skill as a modified to the roll for quantity for example rand (1, skill*5), high yields are 50+  highest yields are locked away at 75+.

Gaiska

hello,

i wanna use this modpack and my question is -> do you use this modpack with or without other mods?

is it possible to use other a14 mods ? or is that not a good idea?

BlueFreakQ

Hi Gaiska,

It is definitely possible, and ok, to use this set of mods with other build 14 mods.  (I believe I am using around 58 mods total at the moment, and this set from cuproPanda is all included.  The only issue to watch out for is mods that both change the same thing.  In the event of that, the one loaded last will be in control.  So, if you run into any issues, changing the order that the mods loads in can make a big difference.  Good luck! 

cuproPanda

Quote from: Mordgier on July 27, 2016, 10:02:08 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on July 26, 2016, 08:56:31 PM

Panda, it maybe outside of scope as I'm not sure of the complexity of this - but would it be possible to base output type and quantity on miner skill?

When I was playing around with my setup, the main issue I had in a new game is that I got platsteel and uranium very early in the game. It was still in relatively small quantities but given that I had no use for it, I could see it getting built up over the course of the game to the point that by the time the player researches an actual use for it they'd be sitting on a very nice stockpile of high end minerals. I didn't want to lower the yields for high end minerals as in my late game save it felt just right where I was getting some but always needed more.

I have no idea how to tie skill into it but if possible, I think it would be great if you needed mining 10+ to even start seeing high end minerals and 20 to consistently get high yields of rare minerals and no rocks.

That would also mean the player could control what the quarry puts out based on who is working it. Need rocks? Put low miner skill pawns in and they dig out mostly rocks and waste, need steel? Put in a mid level miner and they'll produce mostly steel. End game and need platsteel? Stuff in your best of the best...

If you can source the skill of the worker into the equation you would basically have several drop tables based on skill level. Use the skill as a modified to the roll for quantity for example rand (1, skill*5), high yields are 50+  highest yields are locked away at 75+.

It's a great idea, but I don't think I can do it anymore. In A13, resources would be dropped directly into a quadrant, which made it easy to determine where it was mined, and see if that quadrant had hauling enabled. It wouldn't have been hard to figure out who the miner was. Now, however, all resources are forced to drop outside of the quarry, which makes it pretty much impossible to do anything relating to specific quadrants or miners.

I normally just sell the stuff I don't need for a small profit. I don't think I've ever used uranium aside from stuffed crafting or modded power generators.

Quote from: Gaiska on July 27, 2016, 11:03:30 AM
hello,

i wanna use this modpack and my question is -> do you use this modpack with or without other mods?

is it possible to use other a14 mods ? or is that not a good idea?

You should be able to use any mod you like with my mods. I mark everything with a callsign (CP_Copper vs Copper) to avoid conflicts
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

eskoONE

Quote from: Mordgier on July 26, 2016, 08:24:37 PM
Quote from: Mordgier on July 26, 2016, 02:41:06 PM
Quote from: eskoONE on July 26, 2016, 01:59:27 PM
since u guys are talking about balancing the quarry i thought id share a screenshot with u guys.

http://imgur.com/a/ALFgT

in the middle of the screenshot u can see the quarry and how many chunks it produced for getting like 250 steel, 50 copper, 50 uranium, a bit gold, a bit silver, maybe 5 plasteel?! some quartz and maybe something i dont remember anymore. the amount of chunks this thing spits out is ridiculous :D id rather have it not spitting out anything than hauling the chunks all day. i dont know where to put em tbh. thats why i decided going for the oldschool method of gathering ressources and started mining on the far left :D

i was thinking, maybe instead of spitting out tons of chunks just make it spawn nothing with a text over the pawn failed to mine or something. i dont know if this is possible but u can fail crafting in this game so why not mining? u can still keep the quarry spitting out chunks but in a way that its as common as the other stuff? i dont rly know.

otherwise tyvm for putting so much time and effort into this game. u guys are awesome!

Once I'm home I'll post the compiled dll that's a direct replacement for the current quarry.dll file which will spawn only 20% chunks.

I don't want to fully turn chunks off as there is a legitimate use for them.

Attached is the direct replacement for the 'legacy' version of the mod - the version published on steam. This should reduce chunks to 20%.

Just replace your Quarry.dll from the mod with this one. Actual code changed below - Note the % values are probably HIGHER than the comments if you do not have other metals!
        // Randomly determine the resource, then tell
        // SpawnProduct() what to spawn and how much
        public void GenProduct()
        {
            int tmp = Rand.RangeInclusive(1, 200);

do
            {
                if (tmp < 40 )  { //20% chunks
                    isChunk = true;
                    SpawnProduct(chunk, 1);
                    return;
                }

if (tmp >= 40 && tmp < 45)
                {// 5
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("CP_Copper", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("CP_Copper"), 10);
                        return;
                    }

}
                if (tmp >= 45 && tmp < 50)
                {// 5
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("CP_Quartz", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("CP_Quartz"), 10);
                        return;
                    }
                }
                if (tmp == 50)
                {// 1
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("CAL_RoseGold", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("CAL_RoseGold"), 5);
                        return;
                    }

}
                if (tmp >= 51 && tmp < 55)
                {// 4
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("POW_Coldstone", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("POW_Coldstone"), 1);
                        return;
                    }

}
                if (tmp >= 55 && tmp < 60)
                {// 5
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("Aluminium", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Aluminium"), 10);
                        return;
                    }
                }
                if (tmp >= 60 && tmp < 65)
                {// 5
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("Copper", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Copper"), 10);
                        return;
                    }
                }
                if (tmp >= 65 && tmp < 70)
                {// 5
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("MD2Coal", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("MD2Coal"), 5);
                        return;
                    }

}
                if (tmp >= 70 && tmp < 74)
                {// 4
                    if (DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("POW_Glowstone", false) != null)
                    {
                        SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("POW_Glowstone"), 1);
                        return;
                    }

}
                if (tmp >= 74 && tmp < 114) //20% 5 steel
                {// 12
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Steel, 5);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 114 && tmp < 132) //9% 20 steel
                {// 12
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Steel, 20);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 132 && tmp < 134) //1% 50 steel
                {// 12
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Steel, 50);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 134 && tmp < 154) //10% 5 silver
                {// 6
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Silver, 5);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 154 && tmp < 164) //5% 10 silver
                {// 6
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Silver, 10);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 164 && tmp < 166) //1% 20 silver
                {// 6
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Silver, 20);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 166 && tmp < 175) //5% 10 Jad
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Jade"), 10);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 175 && tmp < 177) //1% 30 Jad
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Jade"), 30);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 177 && tmp < 187) //5% 10 Gold
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Gold, 10);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 187 && tmp < 189) //1% 30 Gold
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Gold, 30);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 187 && tmp >= 189) //1% 1 Uranium
                {// 2
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Uranium"), 1);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 189 && tmp >= 191) //1% 1 Platsteel
                {// 1
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Plasteel, 1);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp >= 191 && tmp < 195) //2% 1 component
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Component, 1);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp == 195) //.5% 5 component
                {// 3
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Component, 5);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp == 197) //.5% 5 Platsteel
                {// 1
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Plasteel, 5);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp == 198) //.5% 10 Uranium
                {// 1
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDef.Named("Uranium"), 10);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp == 199) //.5% 100 Silver
                {// 1
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Silver, 100);
                    return;
                }
                if (tmp == 200) //.5% 10 Plasteel
                {// 1
                    SpawnProduct(ThingDefOf.Plasteel, 10);
                    return;
                }
                tmp = Rand.RangeInclusive(1, 200); //roll again
        }while (true); //do this forever until you breakout via a return.
    }

wow, ty for this. this one looks amazing so far. even though it spawns like a f* lot of ressources now it seems. cupro said hes going to add rubble or something where it spawn nothing. i think that would balance things out. i like the idea of spawning several stacks of 5 from time to time rolling the numers randomly. im going to run this one until cupro fixes his version.

ty again!

Mordgier

Quote from: eskoONE on July 27, 2016, 12:40:52 PM

wow, ty for this. this one looks amazing so far. even though it spawns like a f* lot of ressources now it seems. cupro said hes going to add rubble or something where it spawn nothing. i think that would balance things out. i like the idea of spawning several stacks of 5 from time to time rolling the numers randomly. im going to run this one until cupro fixes his version.

ty again!

If you feel it's too much I can tone it down - I felt like it was too much in the early game but about right for late game. Is there a particular resource that you think is dropping too much?

Exende

eskoONE

Quote from: Mordgier on July 27, 2016, 12:46:26 PM

ty again!

If you feel it's too much I can tone it down - I felt like it was too much in the early game but about right for late game. Is there a particular resource that you think is dropping too much?

nah not rly. after playing a bit now it feels good in mid lategame. it just looks like a lot cause my miners are bonkers fast and it drops a lot of small 5 item stacks. id need to start a new colony to rly get a feeling.

maybe sealing the quarry behind a research would cancel the option of abusing it earlygame. but then again, if someone want to make the game easier its up to him.

anyways, ill let u know if the numbers are broken when i start a new colony tomo (eu time)

bdew

I can't place the quarry, the outline doesn't show up and i get this error in the log:

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Quarry.PlaceWorker_SingleQuarry.AllowsPlacing (Verse.BuildableDef checkingDef, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.GenConstruct.CanPlaceBlueprintAt (Verse.BuildableDef entDef, IntVec3 center, Rot4 rot, Boolean godMode, Verse.Thing thingToIgnore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.CanDesignateCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Place.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRootMap.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Happens only if i try to place it in an existing world. Starting a new game it can be placed correctly.

eskoONE

ty again!

after a while playing now it seems that im not getting any plasteel from it? played like for 3 hours i think and if im not mistaken i didnt get any plasteel. wasnt paying too much attention to the quarry and plasteel stock though. might be thats the numbers are rly rly low.

123nick

Mordgier

Quote from: eskoONE on July 27, 2016, 03:26:22 PM

ty again!

after a while playing now it seems that im not getting any plasteel from it? played like for 3 hours i think and if im not mistaken i didnt get any plasteel. wasnt paying too much attention to the quarry and plasteel stock though. might be thats the numbers are rly rly low.

Numbers for plat steel are just over 2%:
.5% of 10 plat
.5% of 5 plat
1% of 1 plat

This is actually an increase over the original values of  .66% chance to get 5 plat. If you'd like them increased let me know, I would rather increase the quantity than the chance though. Reason being that I don't think a consistent source of platsteel is good for the game. Given that it's the 'top' mineral in the vanilla game, it should always be in short supply or at the very least unpredictable.

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on July 27, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
will unifier be updated too steam?

It won't be because the recipes have to be added manually depending on the mods being used. Plus on steam all the mod folders are just numbers, so finding the right folder is a serious pain. You can download the mod and recipes from the forums and put them into your mods folder, though. It'll still work on steam that way.

Drusek

I was still sometimes getting conglomerate and errors on deconstructing Quarry - only disabling Fluffy's Work Tab mod fixed all that...