Food synthesizer troubles

Started by toledo23, May 31, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toledo23

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to this game, but it's really got me by the balls! I have a few questions though. I searched for this topic in this forum but couldn't find anything, so posting a new thread.  I've built the food synthesizer, turned on, hopper next to it with meat inside, but nothing's happening.  What am I missing?  Help would be much appreciated.

TwixFunSize

Here are a list of possible problems:
1. If you don't have enough meat in the hopper(at least 10 per meal) then your people wont take from it.
2. the hopper is not facing it correctly (the hopper should be next to it, not in front of it.
3 their could be a rock chunk or something else blocking the path to get the food

These are all the possible ones I could think of.

akiceabear

Quote1. If you don't have enough meat in the hopper(at least 10 per meal) then your people wont take from it.
2. the hopper is not facing it correctly (the hopper should be next to it, not in front of it.
3 their could be a rock chunk or something else blocking the path to get the food

I find 1 frequently happens if you have multiple possible inputs in your storage. E.g. I have both potatoes and meat, but only 3 potatoes in total (and in the hopper). As a result, they can never top it off. I normally just force a pawn to eat that bit raw...

3 is also likely if you've had a lot of construction recently.

milon

@toledo23, if this doesn't solve your problem then take a screenshot (F10, I think) and upload it for us.