Choosing the type of food for prisoners

Started by mister_gutsy, June 05, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mister_gutsy

Hello, new to the forum so hopefully this hasn't already been suggested but I do like the fact that when I have prisoners eating a "fine" or "lavish" meal improves their mood... allowing recruiting them to be easier. However, if I do not want to recruit a prisoner, say if I'm saving them to harvest organs or going to sell them to a slave trader I have no choice in what food I will feed them. My colonist will automatically feed them the highest level of food but I do not care if their mood is improved if I am going to trade or kill them off and it just wastes resources I could be using for my colonists.
I would like an option that says "feed lowest quality of food" or "feed highest quality of food" right now there is just an option to "feed them" or not which would result in starving the prisoner.
Thank you for hearing my suggestion and your contentious efforts to make this game AMAZING! I love every minute playing it. Thanks!   ;D - Mister Gutsy

Adamiks

Kegereneku

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Trish42

+1 That would be great, I had about 10 prisoners at one time and they drained my fine meals pretty quickly.

RickyMartini

Jurgio

harpo99999

giannikampa

I just build a nutrient paste dispenser in the prisoners room, then disable "give food" to the prisoners. So they eat by themselves (saving time for my colonists) and no waste of hi-level food ;)
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Adamiks

Quote from: giannikampa on June 07, 2015, 06:20:20 AM
I just build a nutrient paste dispenser in the prisoners room, then disable "give food" to the prisoners. So they eat by themselves (saving time for my colonists) and no waste of hi-level food ;)

But anyway we need this.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Adamiks on June 07, 2015, 06:29:02 AM
But anyway we need this.
Was going to say exactly that, consider it seconded.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Trish42

Never used nutrient paste dispensers, but will give it a try for prisoners now, thanx for the tip! :)

mister_gutsy

Quote from: Jimyoda on June 09, 2015, 11:15:30 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on June 07, 2015, 06:29:02 AM
I tried this suggestion and ran across a few problems. One, my colonist will not fill a hopper that is in a "prisoner" room. You cant even prioritize them to do so, it gives you the same grayed out error that says its a prisoner room. So if I'm not paying attention and their hopper runs out... well you know the rest lol. Having to refill the hopper is annoying because I have to set the room to a colonist and hope my prisoner doesn't get moved in the meantime while the hoppers get filled.

Two, I can't keep the food cold since I can't freeze the room they are in and I can't build an adjacent freezer room since the prisoners can not pass through doors.  It would not be the worst thing since I can choose longer lasting food such as vegetables and no meat to be stored in the hoppers. But the problem is, I have no control over the which of the food from my stock my colonist put in there. Some of the food is old by the time it goes into the hopper and before I know it I have food poisoned prisoners left and right from rotting food due lack of refrigeration.
Seems like wasting resources versus the annoyance of the hoppers not wanting to be in a prisoner room. Not sure which is the better route at this point.... thoughts or work arounds? I'm about to just harvest all my prisoners organs and be done with them  :P
-mister gutsy

MeowRailroad

You could build the dispenser into the wall and have the hopper outside/in a freezer:
- = Wall
00 = Dispenser

() = Hopper

()
----00----
-    00    -
-            -
-            -
-----------
There would be a door for the room as well.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ