Emergency/override priorities

Started by sparda666, June 10, 2015, 04:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparda666

Normally, when playing, I have a default set of priorites that I set my colonists based on what skills they are good at. Pawns with high skills in some areas will have high priorities in that skill.

but sometimes, certain situations occur that require me to override this default behavior

-I want to mine deep into a mountain
--now I gotta go down my list and prioritize everyone to mine

-oh my god there are rock chunks all over my mountain base
--now I gotta go down my list and prioritize hauling

-toxic fallout just happened.
--I need to make stop all my colonists from hunting

what would be great is a row of checkboxes above the list of colonists that is an override list.

first, they will all be red Xs signifying that no overrides are active, but you can set any column to any priority level and it will override all pawns to accept whatever prioritization value you set.

when you change that override back to a red X, pawns will revert to their default priorties

screenshot example:

Jimyoda

Quote from: sparda666 on June 10, 2015, 04:23:37 PM
what would be great is a row of checkboxes above the list of colonists that is an override list.

first, they will all be red Xs signifying that no overrides are active, but you can set any column to any priority level and it will override all pawns to accept whatever prioritization value you set.

when you change that override back to a red X, pawns will revert to their default priorties

+1
Oh mai gawd yesssss! This looks exactly like what I pictured - well, actually, I think a red X should mean override, while the default state is just nothing or a blank box. Anyway, I will plead until we have this!
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

delraith

sparda666

Quote from: Jimyoda on June 10, 2015, 04:42:30 PM
Quote from: sparda666 on June 10, 2015, 04:23:37 PM

+1
Oh mai gawd yesssss! This looks exactly like what I pictured - well, actually, I think a red X should mean override, while the default state is just nothing or a blank box. Anyway, I will plead until we have this!
my original intent was that a blank box would be an override. it would set all colonists priorities for that task to be a blank box (do not do this task)
or you could set that to 1-4 and temporarily force all colonists to use that priority for that task

Jurgio

Kirgan

Playing on latest Alpha - 0.12.914
Win10 pro 64bit - 16GB

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?