Sun Lamps power off at night

Started by slamo, June 12, 2015, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamo

Rather than having the plants rest, just have the sun lamps automatically turn off at night. Would be a huge power saver.

Or make a programmable timer switch. =)

TLHeart

a programmable switch timer would be a great asset. One where the player sets the times.

puddlejumper448

Check out the power switch mod, it has this option in it. Would love to see it in vanilla though, +1

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

James009

Agreed, vanilla needs this. One of those nice "quality of life" improvements for the game.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Quasarrgames

YESSS!

Alternatively you can separate two solar panels from your power grid and use them to power a sun lamp. Power shuts off at night, so does the lamp. :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

muffins

Quote from: Quasarrgames on June 24, 2015, 11:31:24 AM
YESSS!

Alternatively you can separate two solar panels from your power grid and use them to power a sun lamp. Power shuts off at night, so does the lamp. :)

That is ingenious! I've been wasting boatloads of power during the night  ;D

killer117

could I just genetically modify some plants to never need to rest. to produce more. to grow faster. to balance this you could make them more likely to blight, or they could not take t the gene mods and just die. it could be super expensive to research and do. but worth so much for food production. this would be really handy for ice sheets. you could maybe mod you colonists too. imagine it. power armour R-4 wielding psycho with 150% running speed, 3x the melee power, and an ability to survive several seconds longer after a fatal injury. welcome to the world, doctor badass  8) 
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.