[W-0.0.254b] Courser not clicking correctly

Started by Team: Colonist, December 04, 2013, 08:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team: Colonist

Version Found - [W|0.0.254B]

Title- Courser selecting trouble

Summery- When building, mining, or canceling I click, hold, and highlight the areas that I want to use the action on. But when I release mouse's click, the areas in direct line up, down, left, and right of the original selected spot are not selected. This happens about 75% of the time.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Choose mine under the architect tab.
2. Mine at least a 3x3 area all at the same time.
3. Take note of the boundaries around the origin of the intended mining area.
4. Release click button.
5. Take note of the orders that have actually been given.

Expected Results: The total area that was selected to be mined out.

Actual results: There is one to two lines of orders to mine less than was shown in the highlighted process.

Notes: This shouldn't be something that is urgent. This will just allow less relaxed players to enjoy the game more. The only foreseeable problem is that someone doesn't notice and then the orders may not be accessible.

Semmy

I havent been able tp reproduce this.
Can you make a short .gif or something of it happening?

There is a max select size. Maybe you are bumping into this limit.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

I don't have video making capabilities, and I know about the size limit, but that's not it. It might just be my computer and I don't care too much that it happens. I just wanted to let you know in case in was a larger problem. Thanks for testing, I appreciate that you are helping with these sorts of things.

Semmy

Just doing my job...
And its awsome you reported we havent heard of this one.
You could try licecap simple and easy program for making .gif
I will post the link when I get home

Are you running a weird resolution or something by any chance? Or a realky old gfx card?
Edmund Burke

I do run on a older card, so that could be it. I am setting up a new computer that I'm going to start using instead of my current one, so I might find out it that is it soon. Thanks for suggesting a device for me to use, when the link comes up I'll investigate.

Semmy

Licecap can be used to make small gifs.
Keep it as small and as clear as possible.

Thanks alot.
Edmund Burke

Sorry that it took so long. My old computer couldn't use Licecap, so instead I tried it out on both my new and old computer a bunch of times. My results were none on the new computer and plenty of times on my old one. I think that it would have to do with older computers lagging while the dragging is in process and then the game 'forgets' where you started. What do you think?

Semmy

I do think it is the older computer hence why i hinted at it...

I will leave this topic open. If the problem does happen again i hope to hear from you again.
Edmund Burke