Payment options???

Started by rottaan, December 05, 2013, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rottaan

OK i am trying to get rimworld but i cant use paypal is there a way i can get it without it i have a credit card but i cant get paypal and i don't want to deal with that Can i please get another option i really want this game

Tynan

You can use PayPal without making an account, if you have a credit card. Is that okay?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

If you have a little bit of patience feature options will include platforms like steam since rimworld has already been greenlight
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

ClaymanV

Just wondering, is there any word when Rimworld will actually be for purchase on steam?

Tynan

Quote from: ClaymanV on January 09, 2014, 08:44:43 PM
Just wondering, is there any word when Rimworld will actually be for purchase on steam?

Months. That's all I know.

Malicar

I haven't ever used Kickstarter but I've done STEAM early release for quite a few titles now and a few other 3rd party sites like RSI. My issue is I don't use PayPal. So yesterday I found I out I could pledge for RimWorld but you don't accept CC.

Will there ever be a way to use Visa on the site or should I just wait for STEAM? Any plans for early release there? I really want to support this game so it can have the best funding available. Friend came over and showed me the game. We spent the whole night fiddling with it and having a good time when we could have been playing ESO. Hell I even like the placeholder art and sound.

Anyways more purchase options would be great. Please keep up the hard work. So much potential here. I haven't played a colony sim since Outpost and I've been craving a game like RimWorld for decades. Even has a bit of MULE flavor to it and I just wanted to thank you for developing this game.

Tynan

I think it accepts direct CC without a paypal account, doesn't it?

Malicar

Quote from: Tynan on January 11, 2014, 11:44:39 AM
I think it accepts direct CC without a paypal account, doesn't it?

I'll look again but I thought I just saw PayPal options...

I guess I can use CC then. I thought it was trying to get me to sign up for a PayPal account. Yes I'm getting OLD lol. It even says so clearly on the front page lol. I guess I was just too excited about the game heh.

Anways I have pledged and again thank you for responding so quickly and thanks for making this game. Happy New Year and may the universe grant you all your wishes :)

I must now play more RimWorld with the FTL soundtrack and this fresh cup of Vanilla Coffee...

Longpig

I have the problem where my CC is linked to my PP account, but my account is limited so i cant use it. I would need to perform a song and dance to get it back again, considering I get an error when I even try to see what the problem is.

I dont suppose you would do amazon payments or something? question mark??

I could just use my brothers card and pay him back, but I want to be sure the game would be in my name or whatever.

Tynan

Quote from: Longpig on January 22, 2014, 05:03:53 AM
I have the problem where my CC is linked to my PP account, but my account is limited so i cant use it. I would need to perform a song and dance to get it back again, considering I get an error when I even try to see what the problem is.

I dont suppose you would do amazon payments or something? question mark??

I could just use my brothers card and pay him back, but I want to be sure the game would be in my name or whatever.

Hmm, that's troublesome.

Well, if anyone else bought it for you you could just email me and I'd gladly put it in your name and email so you'd get the updates.