[Mod Request] - Fallout Rimworld

Started by Elixiar, June 18, 2015, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixiar

So with Fallout 4 hype ever increasing, fallout event could not have come at a better time.

Fairly simple Mod request.

I want would like an event, that after roughly one year in game, bombs fall/ a colony ship crashes/ a mechanic super weapon - (in the distance) goes off.
The cataclysmic effects cause fallout which won't even for decades. (So it will always remain active after the even triggers).

Fallout that comes after a moderate time into a colonies life and never ends basically forcing radical permanent preparation measures.
One extra thing, 2 vault doors (4x2 and 3x1) that has a huge amount of health *1500 - 2000*? and slides open one way instead of splitting like the others. It takes a lot of steel to build though. [Vanilla style graphic]

Think anyone is up to this? :D I have no idea about modding and I'm always busy but, I think it should be fairly easy. :')
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

A Space Ostrich

If someone can find out how to change event weightings, I'll make this.

UPDATE: Looking into it, this definitely seems possible, I'm a complete coding noob, but having a look at the assemblies for the zombie apocalypse mod and good old google seem to be enough to figure this stuff out. If I'm lucky I'll have one out over the weekend, if I'm really lucky I could get it done later tonight, and if I'm unlucky you'll never hear from me again.

Axelios

sounds good to me. I like making bunkers.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Dragoon

Well someone is trying (or at least tried to do that it's not for alpha 11 but just giving an example) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8323.msg87537#msg87537
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Elixiar

Quote from: A Space Ostrich on June 19, 2015, 04:21:44 AM
If someone can find out how to change event weightings, I'll make this.

UPDATE: Looking into it, this definitely seems possible, I'm a complete coding noob, but having a look at the assemblies for the zombie apocalypse mod and good old google seem to be enough to figure this stuff out. If I'm lucky I'll have one out over the weekend, if I'm really lucky I could get it done later tonight, and if I'm unlucky you'll never hear from me again.

Wow this is awesome man. Hope you're lucky. ;D
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Kairo Kemaro

I would love this, but one thing though, you would have to get rid of cabin fever if there going to stay indoors forever after the event.

picollo

Quote from: Kairo Kemaro on June 21, 2015, 07:56:27 AM
I would love this, but one thing though, you would have to get rid of cabin fever if there going to stay indoors forever after the event.

But why?

Staying locked under mountain still should piss people off. Even if they know that they wont be able to leave.
And it's kinda balancing mechanism for not having raids, and other stuff.

Elixiar

Ideally I'd still like raids to happen, tales of a town built to escape the permanent nuclear winter? Everyone would want to get inside, hence the desire for a super strong vault door! :D

picollo

Quote from: Elixiar on June 21, 2015, 07:51:22 PM
Ideally I'd still like raids to happen, tales of a town built to escape the permanent nuclear winter? Everyone would want to get inside, hence the desire for a super strong vault door! :D
Maybe. But I can imagine that huge parts of those raids will be nullified by radioactive fallout. If you have good walls, they will die from radiation before even getting inside.

Elixiar

Exactly, break into the base or die trying. And if you haven't built a good enough sustaining base in time? You'll be dead with them...