Prisoner Transferring

Started by Axelios, June 24, 2015, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axelios

Sometimes it takes a person asking if something is in the core game, to realize something it is needed.
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13999

What is needed:
Transferring prisoners between existing cells.

Why is it needed:
Prisoners from different warring factions in the same cells have been known to beat the crap out of each other.
Sometimes you have a prisoner you desperately want to recruit, and you need to separate them from the other ones who are going berserk and are destined for slavery or dinner.

How we achieve it right now:
We can deconstruct a bed so that a prisoner needs moving to a cell with a free bed.
That is a silly way to run a prison. We need to be able to initiate a transfer without destroying furniture to justify it.

Consequence of not transferring:
You have a prison with multiple prisoners in one cell, to save on space, power etc.
One day you capture someone you really want to recruit because of their awesome traits/stats.
They're hurt so they are bedridden.
Unfortunately one of your other prisoners isn't dealing with their recent experiences well (perhaps that human meat nutrient paste was too far?) and has broken! They've gone berserk and are now beating up the bedridden prisoner. Before you can separate them, the VIP prisoner is dead.
If only there was a way for you to easily move the mentally unstable prisoner to a solitary cell, or the VIP prisoner to a lush medical prison cell.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015