Problem with restricted areas

Started by Nurichbin, June 27, 2015, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nurichbin

So i have been playing for some time on the biggest available map and my base is in one of the corners, so it takes colonists forever to get across the map. That makes cleaning up zombies very annoying. Thats why i decided to take 4 colonists and build an outpost in the opposite corner. I restriced the are of these guys to a small area at the outpost. But they still sometimes walk across the entire map just to play sit at the tables even though they have tables right at the outpost. They sometimes even collapse while doing that and that´s just very annoying. Shouldn´t evey area outside the "allowed area" considered forbidden or did i miss something with the configuration?

MoparGamer

From what I've heard; Allowed areas are the places where people are allowed to take jobs from/to. So the path may be unallowed but the fact he wants to haul a muffalo corpse from another section of allowed area is what matters.

Try creating a second allowed area (Area 2) just for the second outpost

TLHeart

allowed area restrict work and joy activates to the area. They do NOT prevent colonist from pathing between the restricted areas.

Nurichbin

Quote from: MoparGamer on June 27, 2015, 03:07:21 PM
From what I've heard; Allowed areas are the places where people are allowed to take jobs from/to. So the path may be unallowed but the fact he wants to haul a muffalo corpse from another section of allowed area is what matters.

Try creating a second allowed area (Area 2) just for the second outpost
Thats exactly what i did. But they just decide to take their food from the storage at the outpost and carry it to the main base and eat it at the tables there. Even though they are not allowed there. And yes i build tables at the outpost. 

Quote from: TLHeart on June 27, 2015, 03:19:51 PM
allowed area restrict work and joy activates to the area. They do NOT prevent colonist from pathing between the restricted areas.
Apparently it doesn´t prevent them from relaxing socially at the tables. The tables are out of the allowed area but they just walk there anyways.

TLHeart

yes they presently eat where ever regardless of zone. The restricted zones are being reworked for the hotfix. 

There are known bugs with the zones, and are being worked on.

christhekiller

I've also noticed colonists "Wandering" out of restricted areas (and into packs of wargs)