Broken food priorities

Started by Arkane, December 08, 2013, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkane

Despite having plenty of power, they just keep taking raw food to eat for themselves instead of putting it in stockpile. Also, the warden starts bringing the prisoners lots of raw food.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kender

Interesting, do you have a game save? so we can check what's going on in detail.
And which version of game were you using?
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Arkane

I'm afraid it was an autosave and it got overwritten :c
oh, and its v 0.0.254

Semmy

Please update to .254B

Some bugs got fixed.
You can see the difference with the folder rimworld unpacks to
.254 has 254 in the folder name and .254 ingame
.254B has .254B in the folder name but unfortunatly also .254 ingame.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

JKTD1919

I've had this problem before too; my food got really low once, to the point where the nutrient paste dispenser no longer worked. I feverishly began expanding my farms, making all colonists cut plants, haul things, and/or grow things. When the first fruits of harvest came in, one colonist would cut and one would come up, grab the food, and begin to eat it. To fix this, I had to draft the feverish colonist, prioritize a Hauler to grab the food, and then move the drafted colonist to the Nutrient Paste Dispenser manually before they would use it. I would typically have to do this for every one of the colonists. It makes sense to me, seeing as they ARE starving, after all, but really, it should be easier to get them away from the food. The player should really be able to just right-click the food as the feverish colonist and prioritize them to haul it rather than eat it (it would be like a conscience telling them "It's well worth the wait."), but because the colonist already prioritized the same object, we can't reprioritize the same object for a different task.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.