Tamed animals....?

Started by Levin, July 06, 2015, 03:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levin

From the change log:

QuoteAnimals can be 'tamed' with a debug command and the game doesn't crash. No special behaviors yet.

I get this tingling feeling in my beastmaster-senses :) Here's hoping I can soon beat back invading tribals with a raging stampede of trained muffalo.

isistoy

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Euzio

Taking inspiration from Ark Survival aren't we? XD

Imo, tame the Warg manhunter pack. Screw the turrets, you can have your very own roaming guard dog pack!

Or better yet... The Squirrel Manhunter Pack! All raiders beware for my squirrels will eat you alive!

Play2Jens

This is going to be awesome :D

Cimanyd

What about sending a few boomrats into a siege?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

nverbe

Quote from: Play2Jens on July 06, 2015, 05:02:29 AM
This is going to be awesome :D

There will be nuzzling!  Muffalo nuzzling!

milon

Boomrat nuzzles sieger.  Raider retaliates!  ... Siege breaks, raiders flee, most of them are on fire.  Now I have to tame more boomrats.

Enjoyment

Quote from: milon on July 07, 2015, 08:04:44 AM
Now I have to tame more boomrats.

And just when you've taimed the 50th one apears "The psychic drone has arrived Boom. Most of the... boom-boom humans are... BOOM! alright, but...KABOOOM!!!" Game over... :D
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Enjoyment on July 07, 2015, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: milon on July 07, 2015, 08:04:44 AM
Now I have to tame more boomrats.

And just when you've taimed the 50th one apears "The psychic drone has arrived Boom. Most of the... boom-boom humans are... BOOM! alright, but...KABOOOM!!!" Game over... :D

The Explosions are strong with this one. XD
Claims to know most things.

Toggle

I'm thinking you probably can't tame animals that are violent, so wargs because they murder you, cobras, rhinos, that sort.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Euzio

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 09, 2015, 01:52:29 AM
I'm thinking you probably can't tame animals that are violent, so wargs because they murder you...

Well, the ancient ancestors of all dogs today were descended from wolves. So its possible still :)

Naturally, it would only apply to mammals and some birds. Reptiles would be almost impossible since their behaviour is based more on instinct.

lusername

WAR TURTLES. Because man, those turtles are deadly. I had a single turtle fight and defeat like a bajillion tribals. THERE WERE NO SURVIVORS. Many were shot in the back by their own teammates, others bled out or starved to death from vicious turtle bites, including several bitten-off legs. The turtle itself succumbed to its wounds, having sustained crippling brain damage which caused it to starve to death due to being unable to move to eat.

Jimyoda

I sure hope we'll be able to doctor our injured animals.

Would artificial limbs be asking for too much?  :D
Raiders, say 'hello' to my army of WAR turtles zipping along on bionic legs.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

skullywag

"Tortoises".

Turtles live in the sea, actually does it say turtle ingame? if so BUG REPORT! :D
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jimyoda

Quote from: skullywag on July 09, 2015, 01:52:28 PM
"Tortoises".

Turtles live in the sea, actually does it say turtle ingame? if so BUG REPORT! :D

No, it's tortoise, we're just misquoting.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/