Prisoners try to escape

Started by Lonely Rogue, July 10, 2015, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

It would be a cool and realistic gameplay mechanic if your prisoners slowly mined away at walls to escape from your prison, unless you caught them and repaired it.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

leax256

dazhat

I am sort of surprised this isn't in the game already. Especially if there were more prisoners than colonists.

Lonely Rogue

Event- Prison Riot- All your prisoners have decided to try to work together to break free.

(In my mind it would be like a sappers raid, one or two prisoners break out all the rest. And then you have a normal raid)
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Mr.Cross

Don't forget that they would try to raid your armory for better weapons and Armour.
Claims to know most things.

NemesisN

if you guys want so much prison mechanics implemented in this game then why don't you just play Prison Architect ? This game is RimWorld not Prison Architect
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Lonely Rogue

I've never played Prison Architect, so my suggestion had nothing to do with that. This was a suggestion to make a more fun game, adding more ways for Randy to screw you over.
Any mod requests?

Barley

Really, I think what the game really needs is a mechanic where the prisoners pick up stray weapons in their cells. Right now I'm locking prisoners in the armory filled with everything from rusty shanks to plasma rifles because the prison cells are currently being used by depressed colonists in need of a mood buff.

NemesisN

well if you did not play Prison Architect and you suggest mechanics like this to be added in RimWorld then you should try Prison Architect since you like realistic prison mechanics and there is no better game for that then Prison Architect

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Lonely Rogue

No, I should play RimWorld, and enjoy my experience with it. If you don't like this idea, as simple '-1, this would make RimWorld too much like Prison Architect for me' would have sufficed.
Any mod requests?

b0rsuk

Basics should be taken care of first. I routinely make my warehouse my temporary prison. Prisoners have access to guns, knives, medkits, construction materials and clotches. They do nothing with them. I believe I also have the door held open by a dropped unfinished duster. The prisoner doesn't try to escape.

Lonely Rogue

That's part of what I'm suggesting. Before the game is fully released (out of the Alphas) the prisoner system needs an overhaul.
Any mod requests?

Duncan

This is a good suggestion. I had a mod a while back that added heaps of events and one of them was a prison riot. It was this one https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3859.0
Everyone who was a fan of the TTM mods is hoping that they will get updated and there have been some whispers that they might be, but nothing has shown up yet. It should not be a big issue to get that one event back into a standalone mod though. I think all it did was find all pawns marked as prisoners and turn them into hostiles. It was quite effective though.

There is obviously a lot more that could be done for prisoners than just a riot event, there are some good suggestions in this thread.

Having said that you should also try prison architect, it is a really interesting game and appeals to many of the same people that play rimworld.

Lonely Rogue

Any mod requests?

Songleaves

Do they not already try to escape? I've had a prisoner attack one of my colonists after he fell asleep in the prisoner's room. Also if a hole in their room is made then they normally try to flee.