[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webkilla

I just found the mod on the Steam workshop - looks fun

Got it researched - but... where do I actually make the devices? I'm not seeing any guidelines or instructions on what workbench creates these?

Gfurst

Rikiki, congratz on the updates, really glad
FYI, posting a release on github is pretty simple, don't remember properly but all you need is "Tags -> Release" and upload a regular packaged zip as you would in other ways.
The only issue I see could because you bundle all your mods together in one repo, all the releases would be mixed, but that's no big deal.

Rikiki

@JT: Mmh, quite interresting! :) I will look into it. Apparels are quite boring since pawns always try to drop it... >:(

@webkilla: you can build MMS withouth workbench. It is under the Misc. tab (like other hi-tech stuffs: multi-analyzer, vitals monitor...).
And Mining helmet can be crafted on tailoring benches.

@Gfurst: thank you for the tip. :) I will look into it when I will get some more free time!

gendalf

can you update Mobile mineral sonar for the 0.14, current dl shows an error on load that it's for 0.13.
- does it require tech? would make sense if starting as tribals.
- can you make a version that can be placed anywhere, but scans the whole map?

Ledaren

123nick

JudgeArcher

hey, your mods are really nice! maybe you can build a laserminer that can be placed near your sonar and automaticly attacks deposite? this one should have a long recharge time with a long fire time( 5-10 sec or 5 burst shot in 5 sec , each shot destroys one cell of norm stonewall)
running in between the laser should be dangerous.
thanks for reading

Rikiki

Updated half of the mods to A15 on steam. :)

@JudgeArcher: I already thought about an automated laser driller. It is in my TODO list. ;)

Jan2607

Is it possible to detect Geysers with the sonar? If not, what do I need to change? I downloaded thew mod in the steam workshop and I don't know where the files are.

Rikiki

I will re-enable custom detected ThingDef in next version. :)
With Steam, mods are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100.
Unfortunately, the folder names are represented by numbers. => MMS is "755224256".

Jan2607

Okay, I found the Building MMs def. I think it's this part:

<!--<scannedThingDefs>
      <li>MineableSteel</li>
      <li>MineableSilver</li>
      <li>MineableGold</li>
      <li>MineableUranium</li>
      <li>MineablePlasteel</li>
      <li>MineableComponents</li>
      <li>AncientCryptosleepCasket</li>
    </scannedThingDefs>-->
  </ThingDef>

I added       <li>SteamGeyser</li>

Will this work? Because, is there any texture for geysers in unmined areas? Would it show on the map, if scanned?

Rikiki

No it won't. I had to disable this because there was bug in the Core assembly (A15b).

Jan2607

Okay, thanks.

Quote from: Rikiki on September 10, 2016, 08:38:45 AM
I will re-enable custom detected ThingDef in next version. :)

Will the next version come along with the next Alpha, or earlier?

Rikiki

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 10, 2016, 11:08:44 AM
Will the next version come along with the next Alpha, or earlier?
Probably not until A16.

Devlah

I'm curious as to how one is supposed to install this mod if for example, one purchased the game before it was released on steam.  The download link on the first page leads to the source code on GitHub, and there are no releases to be found there.  Are we supposed to download the source and compile it ourselves?

I was unable to find an explanation elsewhere.  This is a serious question, flamers will be ignored.