Insufferable Fires

Started by LordMunchkin, December 17, 2013, 02:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galileus

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on January 12, 2014, 02:02:35 AMRemoving the ability to auto-sell stuff just exacerbates the situation.

... forcing some fixin' and thus making everyone happier.

What would exacerbate the situation is leaving cheap, cheaty solutions in just because you can't be arsed to fix the problem ^^'

Untrustedlife

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on January 12, 2014, 02:02:35 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on January 12, 2014, 12:29:02 AMI wouldn't say that that is unfortunate.

I would, because fires are already so fucking insufferable that smart players just sell everything within two tiles of a fire and send someone with a hand grenade to blast it out.

Removing the ability to auto-sell stuff just exacerbates the situation.

I personally like the fact that tynan is going dwarf fortress style with these things, the world needs a game like dwarf fortress with a good ui and non-ascii graphics.
The fact that he has the AI storytellers makes it even better, allowing for more playstyles (phoebus friendly for these how just love building, etc.)

I stated my opinion on fires earlier though, fire extinguishers should be added etc. Just my two cents.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Darker

I believe fire logic is gonna change a lot. Keep on mind this is just a test. And since designated deconstruction might be a little bit more complicated task than intelligent fire, these two adjustments might come in the right order.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Malicar

Quote from: skiddyfisk on December 18, 2013, 03:26:30 AM
You can make concrete firebreaks around your buildings so at least grass fires won't spread to them.

Thats such a good idea. I have days where it's time to cut some grass and everyone goes out and starts weed wacking around the perimeter LOL. Time to pour some concrete... and another cup of this coffee. Too bad they don't have coffee on the Prunty Colony heh.

Darker

And it must be 2 tiles of concrete. Fire spreads in range of 2 tiles.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

palandus

The two things I find extremely frustrating with fires is that:

1) You cannot repair a structure on fire. Very important if its a turret or battery as those cause collateral damage when they explode.

2) If a fire reaches a part of a structure more than 1 square away from a colonist, they can't reach it. Like getting a fire on the inner section of a solar array. A fire extinguisher would be required in order to prevent that structure from being destroyed by fire.