[1.0] USCM - Aliens VS Marines - All mods (10/12/2018)

Started by Hiztaar, August 19, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiztaar

All mods have been updated with price balance and a bugfix for the US Colonial Marines faction.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Exoray

Really cool mod

How do the xeno's work? I have been playing my colony for 3 years now and not seen a single one.

Do they show up under the factions tab?

Hiztaar

That's pretty weird. What storyteller and difficulty do you play with ?

Xenomorphs have pretty low chance of appearing but they should appear anyway. Is anyone else having the same issue ? Did other people saw some xenos coming to ravage their nice and cute colony ?

Exoray

Quote from: Hiztaar on July 19, 2017, 06:44:05 AM
That's pretty weird. What storyteller and difficulty do you play with ?

Difficulty is on "Some Challenge" was using Cassandra for about 2 years then changed to Randy to see if that had more chance to spawn them.

The only reference to xeno's being around is in the stockpile sorting list, They don't show in the faction tab, not sure if they were meant to or not.

Hiztaar

They are a hidden faction but maybe 5% of spawn is too low. I changed to 10% you can redownload and try :)

Exoray

Quote from: Hiztaar on July 19, 2017, 08:33:49 AM
They are a hidden faction but maybe 5% of spawn is too low. I changed to 10% you can redownload and try :)

Ok, Thank you appreciate it, will try it now

Exoray

It didn't take long and I now have the company of some man-hunting runner xenomorphs  ;D

Thanks for the Mod/Updates.

Exoray

Any idea what might cause this bug with USCM faction? most are fine but a couple do that black box and shows no apparel if I click the gear tab, it doesn't show any error in the log  ???

EDIT: I think I found the problem, they seem to think its the 100 layers challenge and will wear as many pants as possible. I honestly see 1 guy put on about 25 - 30 pairs of USCM standard pants and USCM Generic standard pants. Everything else seems to be ok its just the pants lol

Hiztaar

I know this bug. Please redownload core mod and uscm faction mod as it has been fixed in the latest version.

InfinityKage

Started my colony with a pet Xeno for the hell of it and when I try to train it I get this:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Tabitha, Job=Train A=Thing_USCM_Drone_Xenomorph23700, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal.RequiredNutritionPerFeed (Verse.Pawn animal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal+<FeedToils>c__Iterator6.<>m__15 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=Train, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_Train
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Could be you just aren't supposed to have Xenos as pets.

InfinityKage

Ok. So further testing has found that Xenos can't be kept as pets. For one thing they don't eat or sleep. Also they can't use pet bed so when they get injured they try to lay down so you can heal them but it just pops an error log because it can't lay down. Unfortunate it looks like Peaches is gonna have to be put down for me to continue my game.

Hiztaar

They are indeed untamable as Xenomorphs who would be isolated would turn into queen and then start a new killing spree to just build their colony of xenos. Even in the extended universe I've never seen a single occurence of tamed Xeno. "It's a perfect organism. It's structural perfection is matched only by it's hostility." - Ash

;)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Hiztaar on August 08, 2017, 06:49:48 AM
They are indeed untamable as Xenomorphs who would be isolated would turn into queen and then start a new killing spree to just build their colony of xenos. Even in the extended universe I've never seen a single occurence of tamed Xeno. "It's a perfect organism. It's structural perfection is matched only by it's hostility." - Ash

;)

Do the Xenomorphs need the Core Mod or Not ?
The About file says they do, the first post says nothing about that.

I would prefer if I could add the Xenomorphs to my game without the whole Marine Weapons and Stuff.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Hiztaar

Actually they should be independent from the Core mod :)

SpaceDorf

Thank you :)

Then you should update the about file to avoid further confusion.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.