[W | 0.12.906] Patient on bedrest priority after treatment

Started by Bancheis, August 23, 2015, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bancheis

I want to first say I am not sure if this is a bug, but I recall it working differently a few versions ago. Still, my recollection could be mistaken, and I could be thinking of something else.

When colonists are set to highest priority as patients they will stay in bed even after they are treated for diseases, like malaria or the plague, until it goes away. Even if I ready them and let them go, they will not eat food even when starving, and will go back to rest regardless of their rest level. If you change patient to a lower priority, they will go eat or do other things. I have tried setting all their priorities to 1, then 2. They respond the same way so long as patient has highest priority. I suppose they are prioritizing properly since they are still sick even when treated with medicine.

As I mentioned first, I could have sworn that they would go back to doing what they were doing after they were treated. I recall having to tell them to "rest until fully healed" before to make them stay in bed. That is helpful for those with severe wounds, or the seriously ill who have a chance of dying. But for some of the diseases that last multiple days, this can be troublesome. Especially when half or more get it at the same time. More often than not, this leads to someone breaking from being joy deprived.

The only thing I have noticed that seems to be out of priority order is doctors do not treat patients when they themselves are patients, even when their doctoring skill is set to highest priority, which it always is for me. I will keep an eye on this, and see if I am just mistaken. Perhaps someone who has more free time to test this can shed some light on it?

ison

You are right, it worked a bit differently in previous versions.

When colonists are set to highest priority as patients they will stay in bed even after they are treated for diseases, like malaria or the plague, until it goes away.

I think they shouldn't stay in bed after they are treated. It will be probably changed for A13. Thanks.

The only thing I have noticed that seems to be out of priority order is doctors do not treat patients when they themselves are patients, even when their doctoring skill is set to highest priority, which it always is for me. I will keep an eye on this, and see if I am just mistaken. Perhaps someone who has more free time to test this can shed some light on it?

I couldn't reproduce this one. Please post a new topic if you encounter it again, best with repro steps.